Get your Rave download

Is this spam? I often see mention of RAVE Cd mentioned on this group which I assume is a reference to some sort of electronic workshop manual.

I hesitate to download it in case is is some kak. Surely one CD would not cover all Landrovers, so I would have though it would say RAVE CD disco 1 or some such.

Any Ideas?

Regards Stephen

Reply to
fanie

From memory it doesn't cover the 200Tdi. One of our club members bought one off ebay and gave me a copy as I was chasing some wiring at that time. I've checked a few others out on the said website, and none of the auctions list my poor old girl as being part of the documents included.

-Craig.

Reply to
CraigB

Did anyone suggest that it did?

It's just a file (if you've bothered to look that far) and could be called/renamed almost anything.

Reply to
Dougal

A single RAVE CD can cover several vehicles. I have 3 different versions, as follows:

  1. Defender, Discovery 1, Range Rover Classic, RR P38
  2. RR Classic, Discovery 1, Freelander
  3. RR P38, Discovery 2, Defender, Freelander

The 200Tdi isn't included on any of them.

HTH

Reply to
SteveG

I was under the impression that Zip files can be classic virus installers ??

Reply to
Hirsty's

This has downloaded fine, scanned as clean/virus free and runs fine. On the disc/Files are New RR, RRP38, RR Classic 95-, Defender, Discovery I & II & Freelander. I already have a copy of this so no use to me. I'm looking for the older Classic up to 1986 and the 1986-1994 versions if anyone feels like posting them please thanks Wolfie

Reply to
lifeis

A zip file is just a container, which can contain a virus but you'd need to extract the virus and run it to get infected. A rave CD bought from ebay could also have a virus on it. Check it for viruses, or don't run windows.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I also have downloaded the cd and had no problems. The files are for NAS Land rovers.

Reply to
Doorbell

Ah you should have mentioned it this afto mate most of the stuff you need is down the bottom of this page owt else you need drop me a line

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Hi Derek, actually found most of the same pdf files an a russian site. Still need info for the earlier model up to 1985/6 though. Happy to work on the old RR but don't have any tech info, torque settings etc and don't like to guess at this. Meant to ask, do diesel jellyfish sting? :-) Wolfie

Reply to
lifeis

I'm just the nasty suspicious type :-)))

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

I have also downloaded the 450 MB Rave CD Zip file ok and unzipped it ok to the various folders and files.When I try to open the individual files eg welcome.pdf it comes up 'welcome.pdf is protected' and wants a password. When you guys say it 'runs fine' and 'had no problems' do you not get this problem/message. Or am I somehow going about it the wrong way. Any help/advice much appreciated.

Hawkeye

Reply to
Hawkeye23

Just run rave.exe and you're good

Reply to
eric

dunno mate when I'm doing that kind of thing I put on the latex gloves (nasty experience a long time ago as a petrol station manager I rushed in for a pee after doing the wets on a tanker without gloves, took a week for the rash to heal itchy too ) I looked tonite and the bugger is sat in the drain tub lurking I'm sure there wasn't that much when it slithered in ?. How rich are you cos I have the very early Haynes 70 - 92 petrol ( maroon cover) I really should clear all this old stuff out btw what model esgrot did you get cos I have a new timing belt hanging about if you get this monday and want it bell me I think I'm up wigan in the morning. Oh and the misfire sorted I did a Sherlock Holmes I could hear the tappety sound and a breathing problem when I pulled off the intercooler pipe - opened the rocker cover and found one of the collet caps had hopped off not surprising the clearance was way off. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Hi Derek, i have the Haynes manual but there is a lot of info that isn't in it, this is why i was wanting the actual LR manual. The escort is an LX 1600 Zetec twin cam. If you have anything for a classic and you want to get rid of it, let me know what there is and if i'm interested i'll pass some readies your way. Cheers Wolfie

Reply to
lifeis