Google sees all!

Google streetview has just happened for Cambridge and has found my 110, sadly devoid of engine, last summer...

Scary, but fun!

AC.

Reply to
Andrew Cleland

LOL, mine shows the caravan on the back garden, so I had the Disco on the concrete caravan bay. on ramps so I could change the diff .. it was only there for about two weeks, so I can almost pinpoint the days when our area was updated .. ;)

Cool !!!!

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Mine shows the 90 outside and the car in the drive. Was taken last summer about late August time judging from the plants in flower and very early one Tuesday morning as the dustbin is on the pavement.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

No people on any of it?

Reply to
Nige

Le 19/03/2009 16:44, Andrew Cleland a écrit :

How can you tell which towns are covered?

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

Not that I can see, thought they had some process to remove people. There is the unmistakable blur of a car travelling in the opposite direction to the camera car right by my 90. I do remember seeing their car with it's strange contraption on the roof around this area last year.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

"Matt M" wrote ... Andrew Cleland a écrit :

Well where I live is not on the list but it's there. Probably classed as London being just inside the M25.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

"Bob Hobden" wrote

Looking at somewhere else I have seen people and quite clearly too, a mother and three kids, one in a buggy.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

"Muddymike"wrote

There isn't the Streetview of your area yet because the little man above the + & - bar is grey so you only have the "old" Google Earth arial photos which are quite old, they show my house with my Series 111 and 90 outside and the old girl has been in Ireland for a couple of years. The Streetview stuff is a lot newer. Take a look at Staines, my area, and you will see what I mean. If you then move out along the A30 towards Virginia Water you will see it ends just after the M25 at which point the little man turns grey again.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

"Bob Hobden" wrote ..

BTW you have to be in "Maps" too.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

I have seen quite a few pople. The ones facing the camers have a big white splott over their faces.

I also noticed some road name signs also blanked out. I guessed it has something to automatically hide car number plates and mistook the road name for a reg. plate.

Lots of Bristol is done, but it's bounday of info. stops about a mile up the road from our shop. :¬(

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Holy crap, Its not just in the UK either, I've just been walking round the Notre Dame in Paris.

Stephen.

Reply to
sdhull

Also NZ. Anyone need any Series bits?

EMB

LOL. Could bring up a whole new I Spy kind of game for bored people.

While wondering what time of day the car was buzzin around I followed a "church Road" to the end and voilla, church tower with a clock face easy to zoom into. :¬)

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

hehehe

Reply to
Nige

On or around Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:06:04 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

found a range rover:

Austin Shackles

And a few more

EMB

On or around Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:06:20 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

I was going to suggest people post locations where they've found LR vehicles on the road. I can't help feeling that driving past the dealer is cheating.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Did you get that e-mail? PM mail me matey?

Reply to
Nige

NZ has a total of 6 LR dealers - they're harder to find than the vehicles.

Reply to
EMB