GPS for sale....

Just been sent this link.....

At 99p it's er....cheap?

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

What until the end of the auction..... I'm guessing that it'll end up at £230. It's the mono unit with an 8Mb (not 6 as stated) card. In terms of functionality, you're better off with a III+ (small, car mounted or handheld) or a V (autorouting and a good amount of ram, and it's the same size as a III+ (or II or III). I had the colour unit. With anything more than one (8Mb) map region loaded the thing would shut down for a past time. It really was crap. Living on the boundary of three regions ment that I couldn't use it for 'detailed' (i.e. downloaded) mapping, for more that 68 seconds....... The StreetPilot III is far nicer and faster - autorouting, colour, voice etc. and doesn't have the shutdown problem. If you want a nice sized display, and only use an 8Mb card it it, then it'll be fine. Jon

Reply to
Jon

You're new to Ebay, aren't you? :-) It'll go for a *lot* more than that, it's simply a starting bid.

Malcolm

Reply to
balloons

How much did the Australian Trophy Cabinet go for?

(asks knowing that no trips to Oz are on the cards...) :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Well not for you maybe. I've got all my rugby jokes lined up, although the Aussies have 15 jokes head start...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Possibly not as much as a pair of number plates with no entitlement to ownership or transfer that fetched 800 quid on Ebay last week. There are some suckers born every minute!

Malcolm

Reply to
balloons

Good Google "I'm feeling lucky" search terms:

Australian Rugby Victory

Empty Trophy Cabinet

Australian Sporting Victory

The latter takes you to "(the) Victory Bar can also be used separately for smaller functions"... Like Ludo, no doubt.

Slow day...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

The *no reserve* was the bit I was a bit surprised about....

Neil htttp://

Neil Brownlee

It was free listing day yesterday. You pay more to have a reserve.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Why do I get the impression that there's potentially a LOT of fun to be had with eBay...? :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Does anyone have one of these and are they actually any good?

I've been toying with the idea of getting a GPS for some time but haven't seriously looked into yet.

Alan Mudd

1988 RR 4.6Efi vogue
Reply to
Alan Mudd

?YHM

I was going to just clear some junk out, see:

for the type of things I tend to havekicking around. Seems to me that I could make a fortune on eBay! Martyn

Reply to
Mother

I was thinking the very same thing :-0

Reply to
QrizB

IIRC "You Have Mail".

HTH, TTFN.

Reply to
QrizB

INAD - I need a drink... :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Best buy

For starters I guess. Now, who wants to buy:

MY 101 HOT 90 D1 SCO S2 NUT

C'mon folks, I'll do you a deal, 500 quid a throw.

You know it makes sense...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:46:57 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

besides, it's at 26 quid already with 9 days to go, no need of a reserve on summat like that.

and as he said, reserve auction costs you more.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

One of the dealers was advertising HAZ 101 ( for 300 quid, IIRC) which I tried to buy but, for some reason, the NI dealer had pulled every plate with 101 on it before I got the chance. I did buy 130 KOO for my 130 though :-)

HAS 101 is currently being advertised for 1,900 quid and Nu-Reg have 101 JET, ideal for Grumble with the 5.2 :-) and I don't have the 29 grand that they want for 101 NCH (work it out!)

Malcolm.

Reply to
balloons

I'll do you that plate for a clean 250 mate, no worries, just send cash - cut out all that eBay b*ll*cks init...

One of our members recently got AMB 101 - sppropriately for his Ambi

Martyn

Reply to
Mother