tyres, 265/75R16 on a 110?

choosing tyres at the moment, I'm considering 265/75R16 on some steel rims which I understand are offset further out than the current standard rims. Will these fit ok on my standard 1984 110 csw?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Aye, I have exactly them ones on our Blackie, a Td5, on black modulars from Bronco.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

In message , Mr. Nice. writes

You may find them coming outside your wheel arch eyelids, which is illegal. I had 235x85s on Mach 5s from Mike Lee on my 90 and they were JUST legal.

Reply to
hugh

I am running this size on my 90. They fit just right in the arches and i dont have any problems with steering or the tyres rubbing at full lock.Being a wider tyre also helps cornering. I am running Bronco at the moment after changing from bfg's 235's. These tyres are very good off road but i found the quality an absolute waste of money and will never buy from bronco again. But when i do change i will stick with 265's.

Reply to
bones

In message , bones writes

I also run this size, but on standard rims. The OP did suggest he was planning to use wheels with max offset. I have found though that my Defender with wide tyres (factory fitted) has a much poorer turning circle than my old 90 with 235s. Must have a look underneath to see if they have over compensated.

Reply to
hugh

Just so folks know I went for 235/85's but they didn't have any so I went 750's instead (after all the faffing around). Should be here today.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.