new rear door

My rear door is knackered.. Can I fit a replacement from any 90/110/defender or are the newer oned different somehow?

1984 110 csw.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:44:28 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

and a SIII one, too, though you only get 2 hinges on those, minor surgery needed to fit the 110 style lock and third hinge, if you want 'em.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Twas Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:56:10 +0000 when Austin Shackles put finger to keyboard producing:

I like the third hinge, makes the door more rigid somehow, and I like the spare wheel on the rear door. Is it easier to use a S3 lock?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

On or around Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:57:41 +0000, Mr.Nice. enlightened us thusly:

90/110 lock means you have to make a hole in the door skin. You'll also find that if you want rear screen wiper/heater etc you have to transfer 'em, and make more holes.

heated screen means swapping the glass, not that hard, but make sure you seal it with summat ( I used silicone sealer) when refitting it, or it'll leak even more than usual.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Twas Sun, 18 Jan 2004 22:50:07 +0000 when Austin Shackles put finger to keyboard producing:

I don't currently have heat/wash/wipe on the rear door (surely it did originally, it's a county?) but I intend to retrofit them (can I get the rear wiper gubbins in a kit from somewhere?). The door is knackered, the frame is rusted and shot and it must have been bending with the spare wheel on as it has new glass in with more silicone sealant than I use to build fish tanks, really messy too.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I've just bought a new rear door with heated glass and the rear wash/wipe kit from John Craddocks -

If you give them a ring they will help you out with what's needed (switches etc etc)

The door comes in grey primer so you'll need to find a body shop to paint it.

Hope that helps?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Green

On or around 20 Jan 2004 11:41:39 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk (Matt Green) enlightened us thusly:

one-piece one or the old kind? and how much?

Reply to
Austin Shackles