Help: F/lander radio code entry

Hi there, my F/lander radio is locked and needs the code, which I have : ) I also know the steps for inputting the code, but where I need help is on the sequence as (no surprise), the LCD display is dead and so I cannot see the numbers.

Can someone explain how it works.

For example, when I press the "1" preset button at the "CODE" prompt (that I cannot see) and I have to enter a "3" as the first digit of the code:

Do I press the right scan button 3 times to get to 3, or only twice because it's at 1 already?

And then then I confirm by pushing the the "1" preset button and move to the second digit of the code.

Say the second digit is a "6", do I now need to press the right scan button 6 times to get to 6, only 5 times because it's at 1 already, or only 3 times because it was at 3 still from the first code digit entry?

..............or is a complete pig and randomly jumping to a number after each confirmation with the "1" preset button? (and in which case I need a working display).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Peter Hall

If you could see the display (according to my manual) you get

Code----

So I would go with assuming a blank at each stage and try that first.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

SUCCESS!

In case it helps anyone else it is indeed a "blank" at each stage, so if the first code digit is a 3, you need to press the right key 3 times to get to 3. For the second digit it starts again from a blank....and so on.

Interesting for me was that after entering the code and pressing the final 1 button as confirmation, I only got 1 beep and then I heard music. The manual says that you should get 2 beeps when the correct code is entered.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Hall

...and Peter Hall spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

The "music" you heard was in fact the second beep. It's sometimes hard to tell, especially if the radio was previously tuned to Radio 1.

Reply to
Richard Brookman