Help please!!

Hi all

Have decided to fix up the rangie, get her mot'd n taxed and sell her on.

The mrs said last night "You should get another 90". Thats that then. bye bye rangie!

Anyway, at my new house, i have a private parking space, which i have to maintan as it forms part of my house boundry.

On this spot, could i say leave an untexed, un mot'd un insured RRC whilst i get her repaired?

Also, does anyone in Bedfordshire with a trailer, fancy helping me get her to my new house for a few beer tokens?

Mark

87 RR V8 Classic. Bedfordshire ish, well Rushden!
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I've got a SIIA with a harvey frost recovery hook on the back (in Luton) if you're stuck, but the chains/drop plate might cause damage to the front skirt/bumper.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

You'll need a SORN thingy but yea, your land = private land = not highway.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

Half a dozen nuts & bolts, a couple of plugs and you are straight onto the front crossmember, with no soft bits to worry about. A LR must be the easiest car ever to lift with a harvey frost!

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:20:46 GMT, "Mark Solesbury" enlightened us thusly:

if it's not dedicated as a public highway, or council maintained, then yes. Private property, 's not on the road. Assuming of course that you don't block a right of way.

Some years back, when a local hostelty was still open, there was and still is a big wide junction off the main road with a triangle of grass in the middle. The said triangle, in some odd fahion, apparently belongs to the hostelry, not the council. One of the regular boozers had plans to buy it in order that he could park his car there and sleep off any excess therein, without the dibbles being able to do anything about it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

He'd have wasted his money - a farmer was charged, and lost his appeal, for drink driving accross his owm land to the back of his local!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

They could have charged him with being drunk in charge, the RTA applies to private land which the public have access to.

Reply to
SimonJ

Series/Defender are the easiest. Just wrap around front bumper and lift.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

If he had left the car keys behind the bar, and then gone to sleep in the car he could get away with it couldnt he? Can't really be classed as in charge of a vehicle if you can't move it.

I have already been urged to drive the 101 to various pubs by a few mates, so we can all kip in the back of it in the carpark after! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

A friend of my Dad's was done for being drunk in charge after he popped out of the hotel, where he was booked in for the night, to get a briefcase from the boot of his car!!!

Stew.

Reply to
90ninety

On or around Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:10:10 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

I've been known to lift the front of defender/series for doing suspension work using the engine hoist.

'ere. Anyone know where to get a short set of lifting chains, you know, the kind that have a big ring, with 2 chains with hooks on the ends attched? The one I've got is very old and rated 13cwt, which is a bit nauhgty on a 2T capacity hoist - 's never broken, mind, even lifting the front end of a LR.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:51:36 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

how the f*ck did they justify that?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Reply to
Alex

Dunno, but if you find somewhere online let me know. The chains on my Harvey Frost are getting on a bit.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

there have been cases where truck drivers asleep in the bed of their cabs have been woken up and charged with being drunk in charge.

Reply to
SimonJ

Look under hardware, then chains.

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Fri, 16 Sep 2005 02:02:42 +0000 (UTC), "SimonJ" enlightened us thusly:

coo. Just the job, well hunted.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ownership of the land is not the point. If it is in public use (for example, a supermarket car park or a field with a public footpath across it) then the road traffic act applies.

Lee will be along in a moment...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Mate went to pub with his rangie, got pissed (as usual!), couldn't get a taxi for love nor money so kipped in BOOT of rangie, climbed in through tail, separated from front by fixed-in dog guard. Bloody useless local Forres pigs woke him up at 3am and nicked him! Wankers isn't a strong enough description for our local pigs! I mean, what harm was he doing? He had the sense not to drive, and they repaid him by nicking him for drunk in charge, he's a farmer (was, he died the other year somewhat unexpectedly) and he lost his licence over it. Bastards won't do anything about drunks having a pop at each other in the street or the local druggies (yes, they know who they are) 'cos they're frightened they'll get a kicking! Badger. I feel better now.

Reply to
Badger

The conclusion of the court, if I remember right, was that drink driving was drink driving - wherever it is done.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd