Hi

Sorry I missed your call this morning, I was doing the shopping. Also sorry to hear you are a bit fragile, I hope things have improved over the course of the day. A bit chilly just to sit in the garden, and the odd hail shower (at least up here) wouldn't have helped.

I hope you feel better soon, and we can go for that walk,

Happy Summertime,

-Rob xx

Reply to
Sasley

Tell us more!

Reply to
Dougal

I think someone's having some trouble differentiating mail from usenet!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I doubt it, I've been using my real email addresses on usenet since

1991 and I don't get much more than about 20 or so spams per day! And that's not to this email address, that's to all the email addresses I've used in the last 6 or so years, as they're all still live.

I think some of it is down to the groups you post in though, most of mine are quite niche groups.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

We used to get 200+ per day because years ago when I started posting on another Ng (gardening) I posted for a short while using the correct address. Strangely and thankfully, over the last few months the number of spams has reduced to a couple a day only so presumably someone is doing something about it at last.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Most of the spam comes from a very small number of individuals apparently, and they have been getting locked up. Also there were a few ISPs who host spamming companies and they've been losing their interconnections with other ISPs which caused a big drop in spam.

It's still the case that the majority of non-mailing-list email I receive is spam but it's not as bad as it was.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I received 27,000 spam to my 7 year old account in 4 days.

Reply to
Rory

Two things Rory.. Is that 27,000 recently? Is that your proper e-mail address you post under?

Reply to
Bob Hobden