How much?

Who could put a price on this vehicle for me. No prizes im afraid...

1998 R reg 110 CSW. 9 Seater. Imported from South Africa RHD. 30,000 miles. BMW 2.8i petrol engine (would this be original in a CKD?) Air con. Very good condition.

Would the 12 - 13,000 mark be the right ball park??

Thanks

Reply to
Paraman

On or around Mon, 7 Jul 2003 15:37:20 +0000 (UTC), "Paraman" enlightened us thusly:

there was a 2.8 BMW-engined variant made in SA, AFAIK.

can't say about the value, I'd compare it with an equivalent-spec 300 TDi, and then take a bit off for it being petrol. Be worth finding out if any parts are unique to it, and impossible to get outside SA.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Import = take a big bit off! Sorry. R reg 300 CSW being punted on eBay a while back went to something over £12 iirc. Bloke had trouble selling it in fact.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

On or around Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:25:22 +0000 (UTC), "Mike Buckley" enlightened us thusly:

I assume you meant £12K...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Last 'R' reg I saw on there had 20-odd thousand miles, 300 Tdi, new winch and bumper etc etc and failed to get a bid at the start price of £8k

IIRC Nene Overland used to import these. Maybe try them. Get a copy of LROi - there may be other dealers selling them.

Best go to someone who understands what you've got.

Or try a big ad in LROi. What mpg do you get? If it's not too bad it would be worth mentioning.

Good luck

Reply to
cnews

3"