How refreshing!

I've just read the first two books by Mark 'Chopper' Read, the Ozzie toe cutter. He was/is a real head case but he only targeted 'crims' as he called them.

Thats the sort of justice he used to dish out, it worked too...

Reply to
Simon Barr

Have you seen the film?

Absolutely brilliant, Eric Banna is really quite disturbingly like him, (ear scene horrible, but it still makes you laugh)

Get the DVD out, as there's a couple of interviews with Chooper, he wears you out watching him. You find yourself really liking the guy.

Vam

Reply to
Vam

I have, picked it up for a fiver acouple of months back. It was after seeing the film that I looked out for the books.

Eric Bana's performance was fantastic in the film, you could believe he was Chopper. He actually had several meetings with him so he could get in character!

I find the interviews quite disturbing. Many years ago I met someone who had just come out of prison for a jewellry shop robbery. He was a big person with some obvious mental problems. He used to come in the local pub and tell you about how many knives he had on him!!! Very scary person. I can see a lot of him in Chopper.

He's now doing life for nearly cutting someones head off.

You're not wrong, there is something about him that is very likeable.

Reply to
Simon Barr