How refreshing!

Those who've been here will know that Poggle Wood is in a little cul-de-sac. This often means cars drive down, realise that the 'dead end' sign was there for a reason, then either try to reverse out or do a 3/5/7 point turn at the end...

A police car was parked over the road whilst they took a statement from a neighbour who'd witnessed a robbery or summat. While there a WPC (a right babe too, if you'll s'cuze the sexism) walked over and was looking at my GS. I was just taking Max out for his morning run so said hello an all that. We ended up having quite a good chat when she mentioned that she'd seen a similar one, but purple. Ah, that's mine too (Grumble is currently having the finishing touches to the auto conversion done around at Warrens). Anyway, carried on chatting.

Her colleague eventually came out and got in the car. Drove down to the end of the road and got in a right tangle trying to turn it around. Was on for at least a 9 point turn, crunching the gears and all sorts (no Roadcraft here).

Why's he having such a hard time turning such a small car around? I enquired, I can turn the purple one around in a clean 3.

Oh, she replied, that's because he's a f***ing idiot.

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Paul - xxx

So they are just like us after all.

Reply to
EMB

Mother must have got an odd one out - IME they'll do anything to cover each other's backsides when incompetency arises

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

I reckon that's true for most professions really (I used to work in the NHS and was alarmed at how so called 'Consultants' covered each other even when claiming day was night).

I've had quite a few many dealings with Sheffield plod over the years and have to say (having grown up aroud Sarf Lundun), they're not a bad bunch. This one was, together with being a babe, particularly human and very down to earth!

I've put her on my list (just below Kylie) of people to bear in mind if things don't work out with Charlotte... :-)

Reply to
Mother

Keep your hands off Kylie. She's MINE! ;o)

Reply to
Pete Foster

Told her about the rad body yet?

A fit copper just below Kylie.... That's my kind of fantasy.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Yeah but if there weren't incompetents amoungst any group in society then that would mean it was an elite race situation and not really a place I think any one wants to go these days. IMHO.

Lee D.

Reply to
Lee_D

With a statement like that, it sounds like you're employed by some form of government in an unsackable position ;)

IMHO incompetents in the police force who go to extreme lengths such as leaking to the tabloid press extremely damaging allegations + sensitive personal medical information about a certain person in order to further their own careers by "landing a big one", time after time going against force guidelines - and giving misleading, or wrong information to those they wish to build a case against. Police chief doesn't care about any of these situations - "he can't do anything about it" (even though the paper's lawyers swear it came from a police source). Daily faxes went unanswered. And here's not the time or the place to go into it. Who's the elite race again? The police are so busy "guarding" us against it they are it.

IMHO, of course. And the person above isn't me.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
William MacLeod

"William MacLeod" wrote in message news:aaOXc.519$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net...

Pigs in Forres can't even be bothered to gather any evidence after an RTA if they happen to "think" that the Procurator Fiscal won't be interested. I pointed out to them that their job was to gather the evidence at the scene, not to make the decision for the P.F. only to get a shrug of the shoulders and a couldn't care less attitude. We complained, it got us nowhere. It would have been a different story if an offence that justified an on-the-spot fine had been commited, I'll bet. We took lots of piccies and sent them to our insurers who were amazed at the police attitude after having seen the piccies for themselves, a skid mark 4.5 times the length of the vehicle that crashed into my wife's 5 day old car, coming round a blind bend on a single track road. Excessive use of speed and undue care etc if ever there was a case of it! It also had an illegal NSF tyre that they happened not to spot, although the pig in question had the audacity to appologise to me on the phone for not spotting it!! The other driver failed a breath test at the scene but passed a blood test at the pig shop - 2.5 hours later!!!!! He got upset when I enquired as to whether the other driver was either a relation of hs or a member of the same Masonic Lodge! Pigs said knock for knock and wouldn't even give us a statement for our insurers that the other driver had admitted liability to them at the scene. Bastards. I used to have respect for the police force, now I have zero. Sad but true.

Badger.

Reply to
Badger

:-)

Not at all, I'm as sackable as the next bod.... just not under any illusions that 1. I'm only Human and 2. Even super Heros have off days.

:o)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

and take 3.5 MONTHS to organise an ID parade, giving the little s***t plenty of time to intimidate witnesses to a tripple bottling which left me with 6 stiches in my forehead, which I got for being willing to report a TWOCa. Next time I'll be sorting it out myself....... plod obviously don't give a damn - I'll bet it would be different if they were the victim.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Nope.

Why do you think she's getting a Discovery upgrade?

A thought to make a happy man very old... ;-)

Reply to
Mother

Without wanting to further fuel this...

The police will gather as much evidence as they feel fit in order to get a conviction. A recent initiative has led to a CPS officer being located in police stations so they can immediately assess the liklihood of getting a result. If - based upon their experience of the way the courts work, they feel a lesser, greater or no charge is appropriate then that is what the police will gather evidence for.

Having personally been invlved in a few lengthy cases, gathering information and piles of evidence only to see the crim walk on a technical matter leaves the OIC (officer in the case) feeling rather disheartened I can tell you.

Granted, many will not know what goes on behind the scenes and individual cases as you mention may very well be different, however in general, I'd prefer to see plod investigating things properly to get a conviction rather than wasting time collating evidence only to see the CPS throw it out.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:36:17 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

accepting what you say, if someone admits liability in front of witnesses, and has failed a breath test (not conclusive, true) then they sound to have been remarkably lackadaisical about it all. I bet they'd soon fine you for an illegal tyre without there having been an accident, or me come to that. To fail to notice such is clearly not acceptable.

Nor is it really acceptable to have a 2½ hour time lapse between a failed breath test and a blood sample. That length of time is plenty long enough to go from over the limit to under the limit in a normal human being, provided you're not seriously over. ISTR a rule of thumb that alcohol has a half-life in the average bod of about 4 hours, so you could be on 100mg (20 over the limit) and yet be under the limit 2½ hours later.

Perhaps we need more of the Judge Dredd style approach...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles blithered:

I thought there were specified time limits

Reply to
GbH

My thoughts exactly.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Tue, 31 Aug 2004 18:29:02 +0100, "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

yer need a lawgiver, then no perp can take it off you, they get all frazzled by blue sparky stuff. I seen it in the fillum.

Keyed to yer DNA so that only you can use it. Also the rounds are tagged with yer DNA so that they know which Judge fired 'em.

Movie quite good, if rather short. Not enough of the special LRs, either.

(only just seen it, at a friends' on DVD)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Rich sorry to here this... which Force area was it.. Only ask as I Know you commute a bit.

What was the hold up , have you asked? Police ? CPS ? finding the suspect?

3.5 Months is a verrrrry long time for the above without other influencing factors.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The Police surgeon is **NOT** police staff in most force areas but for the large forces like the Met so to get a Police Surgeon to take a sample is a bit like waiting for the AA . Notwithstanding this Forensic labs conduct what are called "back calculations" based on analisis of the sample, the persons atributes and other such circs. This along with a forensic scientist expert opinion is enough to carry home a conviction for excess alcohol even when taken several hours after the incident, It's not unknown for samples to have been taken up to 18 hours after an incident in serious RTC's due to the injuries of the suspect being life threatening if taken any sooner.

So sorry to disappoint any budding drink drivers out there.

Also if the suspect is in Hospital then it is the CONSULTANT regardless of the wishes of the police who decides when a sample can be given if at all.. not knowing the full circs of the particular incident involved.

The Police police by consent. If you don't like it then do summat positive about it, violent crusades are not on my list of suggestions. Hell you could even swap your tea cosy for a helmet.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D