I feel the need to ask 'why?'

Any comments on how effectively it will go around corners?

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Pretty though isn't it...............

Reply to
edeowner

It does look a bit crap.. A 6-wheeled range rover with a Defender hi-cap back-end glued onto it with no drive to the rear axle.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Ugly and useless I guess.... Around corners?....Who cares ;-) Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

"Matthew Maddock" wrote in message news:dqe38g$kj3$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

How is an engine that size going to move that lump along?

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

Why useless ? ?

Much greater carrying capacity than standard.

It will go round corners just fine if it is built right.

A friend has built two now both 6x4 and are great tools.

Reply to
Marc Draper

There's too great a distance between the back axles. This will cause a LOT of drag on the rear wheels.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:22:17 +0000, Marc Draper enlightened us thusly:

it'd be better as a 6x6 though...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:07:24 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

what, like a certain not-101-any-more that we know?

All it needs is a steering axle in the back. and in fact, if you don't want to drive it, that becomes much easier.

I think it looks a bloody handy truck, meself, if you have the use for it. I'd prefer 6WD though, if you intend using it seriously off road, it'll lack grip as most of the weight is over the non-driven axle.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Indeed - Hi David :-)

You'd still need to find a way to lock the rear straight, else have fun reversing!

Reply to
Mother

...and Matthew Maddock spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

That's the bloke that built Tiggrr! What on *earth* was he thinking with this one?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:20:23 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

don't see why. provided the steering is set up properly, it'd reverse OK. I's not a passive-steer axle, it's connected to the steering wheel.

If I get me paws on enough technical lego I might make a model one day to see how it works.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yes, if you link it, fine, I thought you were talking about an unlinked, unpowered floating axle. Kevin (101 6x6) looked into the latter, with a HGV locking pin system.

Reply to
Mother