I got stuck tonight....

Indeed, although the pattern of a council imposing a TRO and waiting for volunteer groups to come along and do the work that the council have been refusing to do is a little annoying, so I think we need the volunteer groups and the more pushy groups too.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Mon, 4 Dec 2006 07:31:49 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

if we could persuade the government not to waste billions of quid on wars and new nuclear missiles which are never going to be used[1], then there might be enough money to make a decent job of repairing the roads and of public transport. As it is, there never will be, and green lane repairs will always be at the bottom of the list.

We don't have to like it, mind.

there is, however, a certain poetic justice in the motorised users repairing lanes so they can drive 'em. What *I'd* like to see is the various commercial enterprises and that includes the magazines doing a bit more. LRO and its ilk, instead of doing "adventure days" could organise some more lane repair days.

[1] which is just about the most hypocritical and morally bankrupt statement yet to issue from the arse^H^H^H^H mouth of bliar. How the hell can we pontificate to other countries that they shouldn't have nuclear bombs and then come along and decide to *replace* those we already have eludes me. ISTR the bill for Trident was something like 9 billion, I wonder how much of our money they're going to throw away this time, the while claiming that they can't afford to fund the health service?
Reply to
Austin Shackles