LPG tank on 110 CSW - where?

Hello all,

I've decided to have LPG installed on the 110, rather than swap her for a diesel. I'd prefer to keep the full sized petrol tank if possible, so where would I have the LPG fitted? I want as big a tank as possible, but have no idea where to suggest siting it (assuming the fitters have no clue, or want to replace some seating with one...)

Alternatively, I have a fuel tank that will fit under the RH front seat, but the filler tube would come up behind the seat, and there is no room for a filler between the doors. So really it isn't an alternative at all.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

wonder if twin saddle tanks would fit or do the outriggers prevent that ?or of course theres always this idea

not ideal for offroad tho ;-) Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:56:42 +0100, Srtgray enlightened us thusly:

yes it is, you put the filler on the back of the front wing, between the door post and the wheel arch.

Best bet is a tank where the petrol/diesel tank is at the back - you should be able to get an 80l one in there. Then you want a small reserve petrol tank, really - that can go inside the back wing - I got most of the way through making one once - it was a 1-ft cube, with the original filler spout bit that fits in the body welded into the top at a suitable angle.

You can go with twin side tanks, make sure you shield the gas pipes where the cross the exhaust though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There's also twin 'torpedo' tanks that fit along the inside of the chassis. This slightly decreases clearance, but not that much, and allows all original load spaces and tankages to be unaltered. It does cost more though.

Reply to
mv

snipped-for-privacy@movingvision.co.uk uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Enough to stop any serious off roading if thats your cup of Tea, as a result our Disco rarely leaves the Tarmac.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In message , Lee_D writes

Are there more than one type of torpedo tanks? The ones fitted to a friends Rang Rover Classic don't impact as much as those affecting your Disco. It certainly can off road quite usefully, though I suppose it depends what you mean by serious off roading. The sort of off roading that would be compromised by the tanks on his car would be the sort you'd probably not want to do with anything you wouldn't damaged anyway.

Reply to
mv

snipped-for-privacy@movingvision.co.uk uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Sort of like....

Hence why we used the 101 and more recently 110 for this kind of stuff as the Disco is too nice to roger.

Size also matters, ours has twin 45 litre tanks, now I guess the tank would survive a collision with a rock but it's likely that the straps would get ripped off and the connections damaged as a result.

Driving down your average rutted track won't pose problems as the tanks will be in the rutts too. It's cresting ridges that have you bellied out in next to no time.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

not ideal for offroad tho ;-)>

this might give you some info on the underslung type for measuring up ( did I say saddle?)

Derek

Reply to
Derek

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:38:25 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

I'm busy trying to convinve Dawn that a trip down Stanage in bURRt is

*good thing* at the moment , I'm getting fed up with sodding hkickston brax thingies all the time now. Been keeping her awake all night, so I have be kept awake all night in case they become real, *and* I can't have a beer in case we have to rush through to the mat unit. Might have to make up for it when the baby does put in an appearance mind!
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

:-)

The old practice contractions... not called practice contractions for nowt... get you used to being up all night when the nipper arrives too ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:38:25 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

You can get twin 40s, which take up less space by being smaller diameter, but obviously mean you can't get as much gas on board.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What's the due date Simon? - I forget.

Mandy is due on Jan 4th, but I won't be surprised if he puts in an appearance in time for Christmas. Fortunately the hospital is 400 yards away so beer isn't too much of a problem....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 09:19:34 +0000, Tim Hobbs scribbled the following nonsense:

Thursday 7th December, been and gone, tried some laning, walking, a curry etc, all the usual old wives tales

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Sat, 09 Dec 2006 14:44:19 +0000, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

changing a wheel on the 101?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In her condition?

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Sat, 9 Dec 2006 16:27:29 +0000, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

well, that's rather the point, innit. means of triggernig the process are what's being sought.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ah, sorry, I didn't know you actually *meant* she should do it, I thought you meant that the moment he took a wheel off, she'd pop. Looks like you were one level below me all along ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

|| Mandy had to be induced last time after ten days (1) of valiantly || trying it nature's way. || || (1) with meal breaks obviously....

Lightweight...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Back on topic? Stuart

Reply to
srtgray

||| Lightweight... ||| || Back on topic?

Oh yes, thanks. Hadn't spotted that. :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman