Imobiliser key fob intermitent problem

My 2002 td5 key fob refuses to unlock the car every now and again. The only way to get it to work is by restting the code by useing the key in the lock method as per handbook instruction.. This seems to work so far . I am afraid it will let me down all together one day. Useing the key to open the door just sets of the alarm.

Any advice please.

r3dbac

2002 td5
Reply to
r3dbac

In message , r3dbac writes

Had a similar problem and when we opened up the fob and examined it more closely there was a dry joint - in fact no solder at all.

Reply to
hugh

Thanks for your quick response Hugh. I have two remotes both with new batteries and the problem is the same for both so I think it is with the imobiliser itself.

r3dbac

2002 Td5
Reply to
r3dbac

Or local RF interference on/near the keyfob frequency.

Look for wireless burgler alarms, video senders and other such dodgy gadgetry near by.

Has it always been bad, or has it just sudenly gone bad?

Look for some gadget you bought at abou the same time, or did any of your neighbors have anything gadgetry delivered at that time...

Dave B.

Reply to
Dave Baxter

Dragon had a "N" reg Metro

That had the BL Fob

The car park she used for work was just across the road from the local nick

She had endless problems it wasn't until the RAC told her to park some where else her intermittent problems went away

I've got some kit at home that wont work anywhere near the Disco

Other things can cause it as well are remote weather stations , remote central heating oil sensors

The list is endless

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea

The reason being, it all operates on a common licence free frequency. No garrantee that there will be silence for you, but many gadget makers/programmers "assume" (wrongly) that they will have the only access, so the kit they make can't handle other signals they know nothing about. Some fail quiet, some fail rather noisely, some just lockup and go dumb.

As you say, the list is endless.

Dave B.

Reply to
Dave Baxter

Back in the '80's it wasn't the licence free frequency that was the cause of the problems

It was High Power UHF transmitters ( 10 watts + ) such as the police UHF base station for their personal radios that caused most of the problems

The addition of some more components to the alarm system would have resolved these problems but the manufactures were penny pinching to maximise profits

Now a days the EU have allowed the use of UHF for other licence free devices which the Ministry of Defence have primary use and the do run high power

There are other users who have secondry use of these frequencies and can run up to

100 watts

If you have someone on your doorstep and you've got problems

DieSea

Reply to
DieSea