Just a jolly...

That comment gave a distinct de ja vu feeling....

Besides I have a strange vision of Martyn doing his best to fight his way from the cabin over extended wheel arches whilst trying to hold down several gallons of old perculuar[1]... then stepping back, shutting the door, looking admiringly at those wheels (because you have to) turning to walk away, very cool....feerrrdumpppp......

[1] Assumes extended break at robinhoods bay with overheating V8 hence no driving (beer!)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Yep, your way ahead of me now on the interior, but I have edge on the paint prep department :-)

I actually made the mistake of going past the local Caravans shop with birthday money in my pocket. Given were off globe trotting shortly I have a shopping list as long as my er.... infact my shopping list is the longest thing I have :-(

I've been wanting to fit the electrics for some time so I don't have to flatten the battery running the Eberspacher and also I can check out the other goodies such as on board battery charger and coolant preheater. I can also start to fit the interior framework in those few odd hours I get without having to worry about it being cold/dark/windy as I can now shut the doors and batten down the hatch (literally!) :-)

I've only fitted the inlet...wired it up properly to the existing main circuit breaker and current trip (which is 30 amp and next to useless for campsites) then linked via an inline mains connector to a 4 socket multiplug adapter. The posh stuff will have to wait until I'm ready for the first fix.

Given I have no real intentions to do much major with Morph until at least september 20th (Exams & Nursery scenario ) then you should be finished by then. I let the conservatory and JLO get in the way of study last year and paid the price so this year it's head down...At least Percy is almost done. I learn't along time ago that rushing projects results in poor turnout (The VW Wizard) and ultimately leads to getting rid and moving onto something else.

SO in the intrests of my career under no circumstances is anyone within a 30 mile radius to turn up with either a 4.6 or 300tdi lump and question if one would fit Morph

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

So one would have thought and this was my initial concern when planning where to put it, however it is actually totally safe, unless of course you're filling the tank whilst rapidly plugging and unplugging a live connection, in the rain...

My 'change of mind' is based purely on my plans to have a side awning on the driver side, with a flip down table. I've tripped over the s*dding lead twice now whilst p*ssed... This will always be an issue with any hookup location, but Lee, bu putting it where he has, will minimise the liklihood...

Reply to
Mother

Exactabloodymondo mi ol' china...

Reply to
Mother

Mother"

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Why does that rather ring a very large bell... ?

A 30A breaker is better than none, though. I got a very good deal on a caravan unit which has the option to replace the beaker with a smaller size. I did give a quick thought to a domestic consumer unit with a 5A and 16A breaker but I couldn't find one small enough...

You're 52.13 miles from here and no, you couldn't get one of either to fit...

Reply to
Mother