limited use insurance

Can anyone recommend a provider of limited use insurance for a 12 year old Range Rover. I would reckon that 5,000 miles a year would be fine.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
champions

Get one of the magazines and plough through the back pages. They're all about as good as each other.

One thing I would say is some are very, very slow about getting policy documents out - 9 months in the case of Snowball in my case.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:02:42 GMT, "champions" enlightened us thusly:

some kind of classic policy. Beware of limited use policies, though, they can be very restrictive - one of the things that I fell foul of was no drivers over 65... not that I am, but the parents are.

also they don't always offer NCD and are apt to be strictly private use.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Even ordinary insurance is getting more picky on that. They're subdividing private use, and making a distinction between commuting and other non-business use.

Since somebody might have a Landie, and might occasionally want to use it to get to work, it's worth checking on that.

Reply to
David G. Bell

I was with frizzel for £195, then I changed to sureterm for less than a £40 saving+ ltd milage (3000) agreed value with a lot of other things less eg, no i.c.e cover. On reflection I was better off with frizzel (all comprehensive, 85 90nad)

By the way how near is the agreed value to how much its worth to sell?

Jon

Reply to
Mr Jolly