Lovely Landy

Still smirking. Went out this morning only to find a Police Slow sign on the road in front of a huge fallen tree. Took the Disco into the ditch, round the roots, across some drainage channels and up the hill to the road again. Saved myself a ten mile detour. On the way back I couldn't resist the same route, arriving near the tree two car drivers waved me down. "You can't get through mate" they said, "the road's blocked". I was able to produce my most beautific smile and say "No sweat, mate". Having done it once I had some confidence and launched the Disco round the back of the tree and down into the ditch again. Their faces were absolute pictures. TonyB :-))

Reply to
TonyB

Bah, wish I could have done that around midnight on Thurs/Fri. Big tree across road supported each end on slightly crushed walls.

Ended up arguing with gates in a severe gale and lashing rain having to turn back as there was no way to keep one gate open. I could only just open it against the wind. Then taking a wrong turn, more gates, more wind, more rain, finally manage to get home at 0230. The tree was across the road about 10 mins from home.

If I'd only had a good strong and longish strop I might have tried pulling the bloody thing out of the way. The trunk looked broken in the middle.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I did somthing like that, came to lime of 3 cars either side of a flood in a dip in the road it was about 18 ins deep but no one would go through, so I just zipped round them and through the water, no probs. The car drivers faces were a peach.

Peter

300TDi Disco
Reply to
Peter Seddon

I must admit that these days, once the weather warnings go out, the chainsaw and recovery rope go into the Rangie

There is something satisfying about waving a chainsaw in front of some car drivers face when they bleat on about road blocked ;-)

Si

Reply to
Si K

Bad luck! I carry a four ton wire but I don't think it would've shifted this tree! I've got a much bigger one at home but I don't think I could've got it round the trunk. In my old 109 I'd probably pushed the gate but it would be too risky to the bodywork on a Disco!!

Next time maybe you'll be luckier! TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

I remember last year at an area locally that the roads are renowned for flooding. about 9" of water across the road, for about 100yds. This little old lady in a Metro was at the head of the Q, she dropped it into first, revved it, and drove at it, got through no problem at all. The woman in the Discovery in the Q behind her did a U-turn and headed back the other way.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

some fecking people!

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I've got a big rope on the front bumper that's dragged trees out of the way a time or two.

Also used it to drag a car out of a flood recently, was quite comical, it was sat in about a foot of water so Ipulled up alongside and these two concerned faces peered up at me "can you get us out" they said. Pulled them through no problem, I love the land rover. I did get soaked while attaching the rope though, too deep for my boots :(

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Alex composed the following;:

Heheheh

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I have a general rule that those who get themselves stuck (provided that they are physically capable) should do all the crawling around in the mud/water.

David

Reply to
Dougal

just what I thought :O)

Reply to
Mr Jolly

AH well y'see - it wasnt a Waitrose car park!

Si

Reply to
Si K

Nice when having a winch; then no need to make the car dirty :-)

OK, I have to admit, such a car has to be dirty.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

A friend also tried to go through some bushes to pass an accident with his Series (he is a doctor and was on duty), resulted in somme dents and ripped off parts (mirrors, door handles) - he misinterpreted the thing a bit, because it was dark. The people who watched him also must have been thinking that the guy was crazy :-)

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

I'm a sucker for a pretty girl though.