LPG fuelled only.

Hi folks,

If a vehicle is modified to run on LPG only, can I get a reduction on the license fee ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

In message , Steve Taylor writes

Probably because they know you will be broken down for most of the year !!!

Reply to
Marc Draper

We haven't been broken down at all, it was planned maintenance. The maintenance took longer than planned.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

IIRC only if it's less than 3 years old and professionally fitted and certified. BICBW.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Doesnt it have to be on that list of approved conversions too? The same one the congestion charge exemption stuff uses? (is it called the 'powershift register' or something?)

Its damn anoying how they dont consider older cars. My saab is LPG only and gets to pay the highest rate of road tax. I always think they have less polluting impact than newer ones (it was built 30 years ago and is still on the road!), and i'm also runing them on LPG, its silly how it doesnt even get knocked down the old rroad tax by engine size rates table.

--

The 101 Forward Control Club and Register

Reply to
Tom Woods

We'll fill in the V5 and see what happens. There is ONLY LPG on the vehicle !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

My car is now LPG only too, since i decided to get rid of the petrol tank so i could clear the gas tank out of the boot :)

I'm not convinced i want to change the v5 on my car (still says petrol), as the government seem to use the dvla figures to say 'there are x LPG cars thus we are loosing £n per year by having reduced tax on LPG'