LPG kits, which ones are good

Hello people,

I am thinking of selling my 110 TD and getting a V8 Range Rover Classic, to get my V8 fix before the cost of fuel and tax goes beyond my reach. I'll be looking to get one with LPG or getting LPG fitted but I don't know which kits to look out for or which ones to avoid.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences that they could share?

Reply to
Les Gray

If it's pre-cat, then any decent make of open-loop vapour system ought to be ok. (OMVL, Bi-Gas, Tartarini etc) If post-cat, options are vapourmix closed-loop and SGI. I'd recommend OMVL Millenium or AEB Leonardo for vapourmix and OMVL Dream 21-N for SGI. Be warned, the V8's ignition system MUST be in 100% tip-top condition to avoid backfires with any make of vapourmix system. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Reply to
Les Gray

In message , Badger writes

Pre cat I'd go for an Impco system - better than the other open loop systems. Otherwise go for an SGI system - bit more expensive but better performance and no (or minimal) back fire problems.

Reply to
hugh