LRO Driffield Show

Hello all, back in the world of the living, job and other stuff has been taking up far too much time recently :-( Just coming to the end of 2 weeks of holiday, and will go back to work for a rest!

In fact, its taken up that much time that Burrt still hasn't been finished off, there's an engine in place at last, and an autobox in place as well, but no controls sorted for the box yet....

Anyway, I have recieved an allocation of *free* camping and show entry tickets for Driffield Show, which is 10th and 11th May, and am likely to have some spare, how many will depend on how many in my club want to go (historically none) There may be as many as 4 sets of tickets up for grabs...

If you are interested in having free entry and camping for the show, let me know, and once the tickets arrive I shall send them on!

We shall be there, as should Martyn, Charlotte, Max and Grumble.

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Just wondering. If I brought mine, do you think anyone might want to buy it?

Reply to
Pete M

How much you after matey?

Reply to
Nige

Now there's a question. It owes me £2500 and it still needs a few bits and bobs doing to make it perfect so I don't know what to do.

If someone gives me £2500 or thereabouts, then I'd have to let it go. Otherwise I'll hang onto it and do the bits and bobs it needs.

At the moment Classics seem to be at the bottom of the depreciation curve, I can't see them staying this cheap for much longer and I can't see them getting any cheaper than they are now, and this is a one-off job that has to be worth decent money sometime soon. There aren't many turbo ones about, even less Wood and Pickett's, and other than the museum jobs, this has to be the best of the ones remaining. I also think that it's the nicest W&P one I've seen, it's not one of the bloody horrible "Saudi" spec ones they did, it's quite restrained.

I reckon to make it near perfect would cost a grand, maybe slightly less and then it'd make proper money.

Sounds a lot, but a grand is bugger all when it comes to putting a Range Rover right. This just needs a few plates on the front inner wings (easy), the bonnet painting, and a few mainly cosmetic bits and bobs here and there. It doesn't need anything major to make it really nice.

As it is, I'm probably going to replace it with a cheaper, LPG'd SE or LSE. I know I'll regret letting it go, but sometimes needs must.

Reply to
Pete M

pics?

Reply to
Nige

That should work.

Pics are about a year old, but it still looks the same now other than it's lost the side steps. I hate side steps and they were very tired anyway.

Reply to
Pete M

On or around Wed, 16 Apr 2008 15:09:42 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

Hurrah. what about Eastnor? Unfortunately, it doesn't look good for getting the 110 sorted before then, although you never know. Garage are like farts about welding it 'cos of the gas tank. Mind, that's got to come off anyway, so I could remove it, blank the pipe with something and leave the front tank on so as to get it there...

Other than that I'll have to find the time and inclination to do it meself, which isn't really likely - too much other work to do. I've done most of the stuff on the big list of Things That Are Wrong - and several more of those are covered by replacing the rear end of the chassis.

I don't really want the garage doing it as they're prone to patch a 3" hole with a 3.5" plate - but then again, it's by way of being a stopgap, anyway - the chassis is pretty crap now and the long-term plan is to replace it, probably next year, as when it starts to need repairs to the main frame tubes to get through the MOT it's on the way out.

heyho. I might talk to them about it. If I want it OTR for Eastnor it needs doing quite soon. Either that of course or bring Edward again.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Me Me Me Me Me!

Wotcha camping in?

Which Club?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I thought you'd flogged edward?!?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ayup Simon, i'll have a word with Jane, when you camping, are Caravans allowed?

Ta

Nige

Reply to
Nige

We would have gone,it's not far from us, but I'm already booked into another Archery tournament. And as it's my own clubs tournament it's not something I can easily get out of.

Mind, we're booked into the LRO show at Manby later this year. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Thu, 17 Apr 2008 01:36:28 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

yeah, to me dad. I could still use him, but I'd rather get the 110 back on the road.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I appear to have bought a P38, I must be mad. So the Rangie is down to £2350.

Reply to
Pete M

Club will be Peterborough 4x4

Camping in anything you want! We might be tenting it :-( if the sodding bloke doesn't get the bowden cable for the gearbox done, oh and then burrt needs an MOT....

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Would one need a genny, or do they have hookups matey?

I'm doing a bikesafe course on the Saturday, but could change it if it's a go-er?

Reply to
Nige

we'll get there on the Friday evening, caravans allowed!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

reet then count us in if the option is there.

Caravan 2 Big peeps and 3 Little peeps with 2 muttleys :-)

Arrive Friday Evening - sod off Sunday.

:-)

Reply to
Lee_D

DSE ?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

Um, no. Stupidity got the better of me. It's a 4.6 HSE.

Reply to
Pete M

Get a supercharger on it!

Great cars mate, well bought.