MOT rear wiper

Rear wiper, if fitted does it have to work for the MOT?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Nope, not a testable item. If you are worried, simply remove the complete wiper arm. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

we had a a sierra (it was a 4x4!) and the rear wiper blade was split and they failed it. Richard

Reply to
Richard

Rear wiper is not MOT. I would have got them to check the book!

Ady

Reply to
ady

Not required to work for MOT. Rear wiper never worked on my Toyota Camry- however it did fail the entire MOT for a small split in the front ones....

Nevillef

Reply to
nevillef

I thought if it was there it should work? Richard

Reply to
Richard

Only for some items, not including rear wipers.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

... after all one does not have to have a rear wiper in the first place. All the other items that need to work are mandatory fitments.

There may be one exception, I think, in that if there is a non-obligatory rear fog light i.e. two fitted where the law requires only one, then the non-obligatory one needs to work, too.

Reply to
Dougal

the other items that need to

fog light i.e. two fitted

rear wipers not testable rear fog lamps only the one that is required to be fitted either in the centre or on the off side is tested not the nearside one

Reply to
Andy.Smalley