MPG

My 200TDi does 31 miles to the gallon in average conditions. I'm very pleased as my old knackered old Turbo only managed 18 and then 20 after fitting new injectors. Is 31 average or am I just very light footed? Cheers, Peter

Reply to
Peter

My 200Tdi Disco does around 29-32.

Reply to
David French

That's not good. I get 18 from mine with a mix of very short journeys and motorway hacks (70-80 mph), although it has dropped a bit now the roofrack is on. I once managed to coax it over 20mpg, but only by driving like a vicar.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

My 3.9 disco averages 14mpg on combined driving!

Reply to
Tim pople

My Td6 Vogue does 26mpg....................... 21.4mpg with a trailer and defender 90 on back.

Dave Td6 Vogue RaRo - 2003 Td5 90 - 1999 Td4 Es Freebie - 2003

Reply to
Foxhunter

"Peter" wrote in news:bo3itt$6mf$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

About the same for my 1992 200Tdi on a long journey. I shall be interested to see what the "new" 300Tdi does.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

in article bo3itt$6mf$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk, Peter at snipped-for-privacy@pfc2cs.fsnet.co.uk wrote on 2/11/03 18:38:

1957 Srs 1 109 with a 2Ltr does about 20 mpg.
Reply to
Rory Manton

My 4.6 did 20mpg in the 300 miles before it went bang...

(sob)

David

Reply to
David French

diahatsu 2.8 diesel fitted in a series does 35 mpg. but its as slow as a series.

andy

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Andy

I've never had the inclination to work out what Percy does but He's certainly no worse than the 2.25 Petrol Wheezer that was in before. :-)

The drive is needless to say a little different... towing is a dream and acceleration and overtaking is even feasible.

Lee D

--

- Landrover projects site

Reply to
Lee_D

Well our Disco has been doing worse than that the last few weeks. More like

11mpg. Has been difficult to start on occassions. All the bits like the leads, coil, rotor arm etc have been changed and its on its second set of plugs in the past three months as the others were wet. It's since been and had an ecu test and its been adjusted so that it is at least running a bit better. Not been anywhere in it since it came back to see if fuel economy has improved as Bruce has been removing the plastic stuff off the bullbar we acquired a while back, pushing the dent out of the valance underneath, treating both parts for rust and re-painting them both. He's also contemplating a possible new engine for it so he could look at the old engine in his own time and decide if he really wants to take it to bits and repair himself.
Reply to
Nikki

When do you get to know what went wrong?

Reply to
Nikki

When the recovery company "remembers" to drop it up to Sheffield. Tomorrow or Wed I may hear something.

David French
26mpg, from an auto, 18mpg @ 80 mph but 30 @ 70 mph on a long run.

Tony

Reply to
apk1

P'raps you should fax them a map or give them directions?

Big City near Barnsley should do it ;-)

Any news?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

D90 300tdi blasting up the motorway at about 70-75 for 350 miles i got 29.5mpg around town doing short journeys and never fully heating up - about

25mpg combined driving on A roads and a bit of townwork and the odd greenlane (3 very nice lanes on my way home from work, if its been a bad day i`ll drive them!) - about 27-30mpg i`m pleased at that economy.

nick c

Reply to
Nick C
1997 Disco 300Tdi - gets about 9.5 km/l here in Zimbabwe - that's about 27mpg. Greediest in town and when driven above 130kph. Most ecomical if less than 100kph (about 11 km/l, 31mpg)

Regards Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe.

Reply to
Graham Carter

Yes. It's bust a bloomin conrod! I'd be very interested to know theories as to how this could have happened, as it had a new short engine in April which had done 7000 miles. I thought you had to drive like a banshee to break a conrod, and I was getting 19 to the gallon, so I was hardly being heavy footed. Unless the previous owner had been (it was p/ex for a Subaru so you never know...)

Fortunately, the work was done using a Genuine Parts engine at a main dealer. Therefore, although they don't know it yet, said dealer will be replacing said engine under the terms of the warranty.

Wonder how long this will take?

David.

Reply to
David French

The work or the arguing?

This is very tough luck, but at least you will get a rebuilt engine from it.

When my Alfa seized the sodding dealer insisted on rebuilding the engine, not replacing it. They had the car nearly 5 weeks (mostly due to their own incompetence) when an engine swap cannot be much more than a day's work.

Good luck.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Yeuk...

Conrods are odd things really. I had one go, which led to this:

Took me 8 days... 7 to source a replacement engine, one to watch Warren put it in :-)

Martyn

Reply to
Mother