New offence of "keeping a vehicle without insurance"

It works for me on this, Mozilla/4.00 [en] (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0; WebTV; NetTV; RISC OS) Oregano2 2.2

Oregano2 2.2 is fine, Oregano1 1.10 however doesn't.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

The URL works in my other browsers so it's not really a problem.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull
[snip]

It works on my version of firefox too. The page must do a browser sniff, as it rejects my browser because I've set it to fake IE 5.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

erm, if someone is prepared to drive without insurance once they are prepared to drive without insurance full stop. Getting caught and "offically" preventing them getting insurance isn't going to change that if anything it makes it worse. After all they "got away" with it last time...

But that only shows that there is an insurance policy registered against that vehicle. That policy might not cover the actual driver of that vehicle at given point in time.

I'm not sure I like this tracking and 2 year record keeping. What happens if Mr Terrorist sticks some false plates on the same model of vehicle as you have. You are then Mr Terrorist and I bet you'll have a helluva job convincing the authorties otherwise, after they have crashed through your front and back doors at 0430 in the morning. Scaring the four shades of shit out you and your family.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Thu, 17 Nov 2005 07:48:08 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

or because they weren't making enough moolah. IME they up the premiums for the bad risks and then up the premiums for the rest of us as well, because there are people out there who are bad risks...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Continuing in cynical mode .. who's making a nice sideline from insurance premium tax?

Reply to
Dougal

On or around Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:22:05 +0000, Dougal enlightened us thusly:

do they have that in NZ? our lot are, of course. I'm not sure on what basis they attempt to justify it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Justify? What's this "justify" thing then? They're the all powerful, omnipotent Government. As long as Tony says "I truly believe I was right" then it's all okay ....

Reply to
SteveG

Given that I'm not sure what that is I'd be fairly certain we don't have it.

Reply to
EMB

In message , Austin Shackles writes

My son had "minor" shunt on the M6 last week - an Audi A4 ran in to the back of his Ford Ranger in stop-start traffic. His back is still giving him trouble and his neck. It's not "spurious", I can assure you. Hopefully it's not something you will experience as I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Reply to
hugh

On or around Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:02:08 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

The government have seen fit to tax insurance premiums. I forget what the excuse was.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

...and Austin Shackles spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Something to do with protecting the environment, global warming, saving squirrels, or somesuch. Anything that makes an unpopular measure sound worthy.*

When they tax aircraft fuel at a rate that reflects the contribution of air travel to environmental damage, I will believe what they say about fuel duty.

*No reason why, but that's what they usually do. In fairness, I haven't seen any justification of IPT other than as a way of raising extra money.
Reply to
Richard Brookman