No more PS10

Looks like Santana no longer build the PS10 but will be concentrating on the Iveco Massif

Looks familiar doesn't it!

In fact it looks pretty dammed good!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I can't help but wonder though, was the design brief to "take a defender and uglify it"! Like the interior, like the transmission (pity there's no petrol option really), like the multi-leafs with high articulation, just think it's ugly on the outside. Too ugly. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I'm sure someone will coble a defender front end kit together for them.

:0)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Lol, I wouldn't be too surprised if it fitted straight on, lol. It looks like they got ssang-yong or kia to do the design work....! I actually liked the look of the PS10 front end though, maybe it would fit easier? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

The PS10 Military looked like my dream 110.

Reply to
Eddie Morgan

Looks like Santana/Iveco have decided that if Land Rover don't want to build proper commercial off-roaders anymore, they will...

On a slightly related note I was being driven (and hence not able to slow down for a better look) along the motorway in northern Italy yesterday and passing a police compound spotted a couple of 110s and next to them something that looked like a 110 but just all around about

20% bigger (higher, wider, maybe not longer). Any ideas what that was?

Cheers,

AndyC.

Reply to
Andrew Cleland

On or around Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:07:08 -0000, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

176 BHP too... now that's what LR never did, put a decent amount of power in the bloody thing. Even the TD5 is useless unless you chip it.

That aside, it looks a hell of a lot like a re-styled PS10. I bet it's pretty much identical mechanically, they were after all already using the Iveco engines.

One of the local 4x4-flogging places had a 55 plate PS10 wagon, but he's asking way too much money for it.

It's a shame they didn't go over to the coil-spring suspension though - even with the paralytic leaves, it's not the same. One thing LR did get right...

Reply to
Austin Shackles