October Unofficial

Also added to the 101 Club site Events page.

Reply to
Mother

That saves me finishing this email then doesn't it !!

Thanks Martyn

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Can't be changed. Half-term for "the monsters" is the week after for us too, but Steve's sister is getting married in the USA on 22nd Oct and we would *definitely* get shot if we tried to duck out of it.....

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

Hi Folks I've currently got 12 vehicles listed, some from AFL, some from 101FC+R, and quite a few from both. Can everyone who thinks they are coming drop me an email so I can make sure I know the numbers ?

I think

Austin David Lee D. Gareth R. Tom Woods Rich Brookman Tim Hobbs Graham G Martyn

...are coming from here anyway. Any more for anymore ?

Ta.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Sat, 27 Aug 2005 22:41:17 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

what's the drill for booking? are we just a block booking for the site and pay on arrival, or are we supposed to book and pay in advance, or something?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

We are in one combination or another, perferably 101 & Caravan but time will tell.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I'd like to get a deposit, it encourages folks to turn up, and I'd hate to have K-quads (who are a family company) give us a good price, for a closed site weekend, and only 3 folks turn up.

You could PayPal me a ten pound deposit, and pay the balance to K-quads when you arrive.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Someone remind me of the date? If I can come I could borrow a caravan for the weekeknd, shame I wouldn't be in the Landie but never mind!

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

Found the date, it's not the nippers holiday, I have had a word with the missus & she's up for the weekend!

I can borrow a caravan from my father in law & get a towbar fitted to the Touareg. Would I be flamed for not coming in a Land Rover!

I don't think the missus would allow us to drive it all the way to Wales!

Could be a right old giggle.

Someone give me the run down on whats happening & when?

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

weekeknd, shame I wouldn't

Erm... it's in the link you requoted Nige...

Reply to
Mother

Hell no, Austin came to Eastnor in an LDV and we came in a bloody renault.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Sweet, anyone want to take a Touareg round can feel free to show me the ropes!

Whats the deal on kids etc? I have a 5 year old who's coming, any other nippers etc?

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

Well our's will be present. I've a feeling from vague recollection Steve has kids of similar age too so they should be in good company. They could start a kids of mad Dads support network ;0) . If Martyn is able and willing (weather permitting) to get the field cinema up and running then they should be happy as pigs in muck.

I'd do one myself but have yet to invest in a genny.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The more the merrier IMO - makes it less of a 'lads' do and tends to moderate the language in my experience :-)

Tis a done deal. Steve mentioned there was a barn there too, so we could always take this over and have a cinema and bar area ;-)

Reply to
Mother

so Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Have spoken to the management, and she is *not* willing to give up a fortnight in Crete for a weekend in Wales. Her comment was "You had *your* honeymon that you wanted laning in Wales, I am now going to have the honeymoon I wanted in Crete...." She also added that she doesn't want to "sleep in a sodding tent in October......"

I was about to point out a trip to Yorkshire this coming weekend that could potentially be much better than a tent, but decided that I did not need to lie down with some steak on my eyes....

I reckon we need to talk to her at Peterborough.....

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

What's the price for us sad b******s who aren't going to go off-roading? (too much hassle unloading the bits in the back) I'm happy to pay for camping, and do the 'unofficial' pics and video - oh, and provide the cinema ;-)

I'm not bothered if there's no discount mind, but best to ask.

Reply to
Mother

Hi Martyn, I shall enquire. BTW, we are up to 15 vehicles and Subarus now.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor