October Unofficial

too heavy mind!

What ages are attending rug-rats ? Ours are 7 and 5. That way we can bring age-appropriate entertainment - Lego Star Wars on the X-box is great !

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Amy is 5, she's a very sensible young kid (yeah, I dont know wher she gets it from either!!) & is often mistaken for older!

She's happy with films etc on a big screen!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

& WTF is wrong with Subarus then??

It's got 4wd too! (they all do!) ;~)

Shame I'm not gonna be in mine, the Touareg's gonna take the strain.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

They're a bugger to get out of the tyre tread on a 101

Reply to
Mother

Find out how big the barn they'll let us have is, and if there's power there. Maybe take more than 1 projector and have a mini-multiplex?

Ah, you mean 15 vehicles, then.

Reply to
Mother

Hi. Is this only open to the *salute* elite few or can us lowland commoners come?

If that be the latter we'd have to come in our Discovery (nigh on 300 miles in a series 2a diesel at 40-50mph must be mad!!!) unless the extremely unlikely circumstances that I find the use of a trailer to tow the IIa down we will also not be needing the use of the offroad course.

Thanks, Eve,

1998 Discovery 300Tdi GS 1967 SIIa 88" 2.25d SW 1964 SIIa 88" Rebuild 1959 SII 88" 2.2d HtV
Reply to
evelyn snowling

It's an unofficial, informal meet. I see no elite here or anywhere else getting in the way of us normal folk doing what we do :-)

Mind, you'll have to cough up a Tenner deposit to young Steve in order to secure the 'booking'. This is really so he can fully assess the numbers and show willing to the site owners - who are giving us all exclusive access for the weekend.

Reply to
Mother

By Elite I meant for example those longer serving members with big purple things (oooeer) ;) and others in the same league. ;)

Thanks, hopefully may see you all.

Reply to
evelyn snowling

Mines all manky and the paints coming off ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Crumbs, never thought of myself - or anyone else here as 'elite'.

Gobby maybe, but certainly not elite ;-)

There aren't really many 'members' here, just 'posters' and 'lurkers', the latter pop a posting in here and there, all will inevitably end up owning a 101... erm...

Good show! :-)

Reply to
Mother

I guess the truck isn't much better either, eh?

Reply to
Mother

S2b f/c count for anything? my son is working on getting a fire appliance one of them.

Reply to
evelyn snowling

Could come in handy ;-)

Reply to
Mother

I can bring a quiet generator.

Projector might be tricky at the minute.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Steve - can you drop your addy to tim at cohco dot com and I'll sort out a cheque. Once I've done that I can tell the missus....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Are you coming then? Great! I've a 'silent' Honda EU10i genny, but the more the merrier for the multiplex and bar lighting methinks :-)

I can bring three if needed...

Been trying to call you, by the way...

Reply to
Mother

Ah, the 'entry level' model... I have the EU20i :-) Very quiet aren't they? Last time I used it we spent five minutes working out why the RF network had failed. It was a bit windy, so we hadn't noticed the genny run out of petrol. Not pissing about with two stroke is a bonus too.

I think I'm coming. I'll find out in 10 minutes....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

A lot quieter than our two EX10Ds, yes :-) I got it for Grumble mainly.

Absolutely. This happened at Eastnor this year when the firld cinema stopped - I first looked at the video projector, then the cabling, then realised the petrol had run out. The rest was a little messy as Darren had a jerry can of very dirty petrol...

Time up. Send the cheque anyway...

What will you be arriving in??? :-)

Reply to
Mother

right, we're are definitely coming...

We may be in a 101, but I'm hoping it will be sold by then.

We will definitely be in a Volvo.

We may also be in a Series 2, except it's been at the garage for 8 weeks for the longest MoT in history and Carmarthen is 220 miles away, which is a long way at 45mph.

Oh, and "we won't be sleeping in a f**cking tent". Yes, that's a quote...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

What you do on holiday is no concern of ours.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor