October Unofficial

so Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

so Tim Hobbs was, like...

Me too please Steve - richard dot brookman at btinternet dot com. (Missus already knows.)

Cheers

Reply to
Richard Brookman

already knows.)

Me too, i'll paypal you or send cash etc?

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

On or around Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:09:19 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

You wouldn't care to rephrase that?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:42:21 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

what with that and the "I may be coming" bit upthread a bit...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Tis true, was a lurker long before I owned a 101. Infact its a direct result of a post here (and Martyn) that I bought my GS. In fact, I think Martyn had a hand in the radbod....

Martyn, are you sponsered by my bank? Recon you're a dangerous person to know ;o)

Graham

Reply to
Graham G

lol!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Reckon it would be worth him bringing the van! Burgers to the left, Beamends to the right. Orderly queue please....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I'm fairly definate i'm going to come, but realistically not in the

101 :( Can I have some offroad trips in someone else's?

I will be tenting it. I hope to make it down in the 2A so i can offroad it, but may end up in a saab if i'm feeling like a wuss.

How are we fixed for local landy parts stockists down there? (does Richard Beamends deliver that far) Every time i offroad the landy i seem to break something! (I shall have a lift pump and an alternator in the back as these are my most common breakages!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I blamed Martyn/Grumble slightly for me buying my 101 too ;)

It could be in someways that he's a handy kind of 'public figure' (you can't miss that purple thing!) to shift the blame too!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom, my son breaks gearsticks or exhausts usually, I recommend a spare gearstick at least :D

Eve

Reply to
evelyn snowling

Every single time i've been off road in my landy its cost me something!

I hope that this offroad course doesnt have any wet bits as they are always my undoing!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Eves son here... I'm gonna blame Martyn and Grumble at LRO Show 2003 when i was with my uncle looking for 9.00x16s for his 101 ambulance and he got talking to martyn about grumble... that coupled with my wallet... that must be why im going for a 2.25 Diesel 2B F/C Fire appliance instead of a V8

101...
Reply to
evelyn snowling

so Tom Woods was, like...

Peter Claughton near Maenclochog - haven't got his number to hand, but I'll bring it.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Weeellll.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

I have a set of vice grips in my toolbox that would suffice for a gearstick (mate drove for a week or so with a set after he broke his gearstick off while offroading!)

I already have a section of flexy exhaust and 2 clamps in the back of the landy just incase (i'm used to it falling off). I can also drive it without an exhaust! - so it doesnt worry me too much :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Definately worthwhile bringing it!

Reply to
Tom Woods

But the V8 sounds so nice you can kind of forgive/forget the wallet pain - and its nowhere near as slow as a 2.25 diesel!

Reply to
Tom Woods

yeh but i dont need the v8 pulling power... its a fire engine ;)

Reply to
evelyn snowling

"Speed trials on Pendine sands anyone ?"

Unfortunately, the PC brigade got there first. Motor vehicles are no longer allowed on the sands at Pendine AFAIK.

Reply to
Richard Brookman