Odd Disco

Saw a 300Tdi Disco on the way home, on a V plate. Odd as TD5s came in on an S plate. Any ideas? One which has been knocking around the far end of a field in Solihull for a couple of years?

David

Reply to
David French

We bought some TDi Discos off Land Rover a few years ago. They were Chinese ones that never made it over there. Although when we tried to register them we had to do it on age related plates, so they went back to N reg ones.

Not sure why, I wasnt part of the deal.

Reply to
Tim Guy

David,

There are T and V reg ones around here. Old stock. Land Rover found a hanger full of 300 V8i's at one late stage into the release of the TD5. They packaged a lot of the old stock into "Safari" models, which were mostly on S plates (as were the 50th's), but it looks like some stood about for longer ;-)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee