OT - 3G

Been in Liverpool docks all evening struggling with a shitty GPRS connection. Now 1 hour into the Irish Sea and I've suddenly got 3G!!!

And it's still crap...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Dunno 'bout yer GPRS, I'd check yer GPS - seems a strange route to take for County Durham...

Mother

On or around Tue, 03 May 2005 23:39:42 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

ooer.

meanwhile, our landline is dead as a dodo, yet the broadband still works?

I thought it were all down the one wire. Mind, it's doing quite a lot of restarting, so I suspect there's something not quite right there.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The phone side needs a DC path to work, the broadband is carried at much higher frequencies and can "jump" small breaks in the cable that stop the DC required for the phone.

150 is residential faults. Probably take 'em a week...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice