OT: Disgusting behaviour.

Ho hum,

I am at a loss, I am trying to get hold of a bus company, but they are being really evasive! On the way home from Legoland I was trundling at 60mph so the darned cardboard didn't blow out of the window, and I was behind a 90 .

As we pottled up a slight incline at 60mph, with the cruise set, a coach decided to pull out and pass us. We trundled, he didn;t pass, he got annoyed and start making rude gestures. When we finally got onto the flat he drove past and had written "TW*T" (full word!) on a peice of paper and showed it to us.

Now, normally I'd think pratt, but I had my young kids in the car and I was miffed about the break in. The kids can read, and IMHO this was not the sort of behaviour you should get while proceeding at a steady pace up the motorway! What is worse that the bus was full of passengers, and he decided it wasn't sunny enough for me (main beam on), and then pulled out and nearly took out a BMW to pass me!!!!

Am I alone in my belief that this guy should get a complaint? I have the reg etc.

Neil

Neil Brownlee

Sounds like a pretty crappy day to me...

I'd write to the bus company or, if you find it's a one-man-band, simply make direct contact and ask him to explain himself. In any case, a copy of the letter to the local authority (or whoever issues the licence for PSVs) may also help, as potentially, would writing to the local paper.

I once got a taxi from Schiphol into Amsterdam when a lorry cut us up. The driver of the Merc taxi asked if I were in a hurry to which I replied 'no, not really', so he proceeded to overtake the lorry, then slow right down forcing the lorry to slow. As the lorry pulled out to overtake the taxi sped up a little and cut into the lane the lorry was in, then slowed down. I rather felt this was a tad dangerous and mentioned this. "It's not a problem, it's the Dutch way to deal with Spanish lorry drivers, they expect it really" was his response!

Reply to
Mother

in article c6lr73$ffr$ snipped-for-privacy@hercules.btinternet.com, Neil Brownlee at snipped-for-privacy@pccontrolNOSPAMsystems.com wrote on 27/4/04 3:37 pm:

Did you get the company as well? I'd definately complain. If he's managed to get hold of a bit of paper, a pen and write on it means that he wasn't concentrating on driving at all.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Unless he drives round with a collection of rude words already written down!

Judith

Reply to
Judith

Go on, complain. I would!!

Did you get the name of the company? Try a google or a yell.com search.

Care to let us know of the company? Ill see if i can find out a contact number.

Reply to
mark solesbury

Ooooh.... there's an idea.... :-)

Reply to
Mother

Serious question: Why?

Because it would distract you while you typed in the message? Because it would distract other road users once you had typed in the message?

I ask because I've seen the Police using exactly this type of signs to give instructions e.g. "Follow me" or "Switch off your Fog Lights, you pillock!!"

Foxy :-)~

Reply to
FireFox

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Mother at "@ {mother} @"@101fc.net wrote on 27/4/04 4:40 pm:

They have this light board thing in our Doctors that displays your name, and which room you have to go to when its your turn - you could always mount one on your vehicle, and have a set of pre-set rude words etc, that can be displayed at the flick of a switch as you drive past.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

These would be illegal if mounted on a vehicle, though :-(

Reply to
Mother

I can just imagine something with suitable messages, working along the lines of a James Bond number plate, built into the back of a Land Rover.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Bus drivers have to gave a PSV licence, or what ever the latest Euro Babble term is, point is its quite strictly regulated, more so than for a HGV for example. Anti social behaviour and road rage would be of interest to the licence issuing traffic commissar.

Reply to
Moving Vision

What, some twin .50's ????

LOL

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Seem to remember Top gear got hold of one, made specially for cars, you put in your own message... JC tried to put one in and found out it included its own little sensor !

n posted ...

Heheheh ................... censor ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

wot comes of driving a Vogue Rangie :( anyways its has to have a sensor to censor :(

My Landy has a built-in public address system, operated from a microphone on the dash. I've often wondered.. is it legal to use whilst in motion? Ideal for replying to bus drivers with bits of paper :^)

Reply to
Stuart Nuttall

Thinking about it, in truth our ex-plasterer Jason brought out the very worst in me. Road rage is secondary to what I'd do to Jason :)

Reply to
David French

This idiot deserves to lose his job!

Definitely complain, however long it takes...

What a stupid thing to do while driving a coach full of passengers.

Reply to
david sillitoe

David G. Bell wrote: < I can just imagine something with suitable messages, working along the lines of a James Bond number plate, built into the back of a Land Rover. >

Nige wrote: < What, some twin .50's ???? >

...well most of us already have the oil spray...

Reply to
Wolverine

Courtesy of Land Rover!!!!!!!

Nige