OT: FM Transmitters

I've just bought myself an iPod and want to play it in my main car (Volvo V50), so I was thinking about an FM Transmitter, such as the AudiaX DGT-301 which appears to be the best on paper. Does anyone have any experience with this model and/or FM transmitters in general?

No such problem in the Rangie, as the archaic tape player I've got has an AUX in port on the front!! :-)

-- Paul

Reply to
Pacman

Ive got a VW Golf, and ive tried 2 different makes.

They seems ok at first, but ive found the reception to wander and you get interference. The audio quality of mine was crap.

I ended up getting a hardwired kit from incarexpress.co.uk

Bloke was really helpfull, Ged (Jed?) his name was i think.

It was £70, but well worth it. Connects via the dock at the bottom, charges the ipod, and you can control it from the head unit.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

I've got the Belkin on that looks like Pebble.. It has a digital display and you can be very specific about the frequency.

Had it about 4-5 years now. I think they do the same one still.

Only problem is the rangy aerial is in the rear parcel window so sitting it in the front isn't always the best place.

The L322 meant to have an aux somewhere but Ive never found it..

Cheers

Ti

Reply to
Tim Guy

Trouble is my head unit is the basic Volvo one and there's no Aux controls on the front, and there doesn't appear to be the right kit shown on their website. Might give them a call though for some advice.

-- Paul

Reply to
Pacman

Mine uses the OEM changer port on the back of the head unit.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

If the unit can act as a head unit for a CD changer then normally a lead is available from car stereo shops or 't internet to add an aux in. For an old pioneer I had, the lead cost £15 IIRC, other makes can be more expensive depending on how many hoops have to be jumped through by the lead manufacturer.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I got a dirt cheap (6GBP from memory) one off Ebay. Not the prettiest thing in the world but it works fine, with a little LCD display to show the frequency. Since my main (only) car, my 200 TDi Range Rover, is not exactly a hi-fi environment I see no point at all in spending more! YMMV of course...

Reply to
Andrew

On or around Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:37:11 GMT, "Tim Guy" enlightened us thusly:

I found some elcheapo 7-quid-a-pop ones last year, seem to work well enough in my motors. I did find that you're better off keeping the volume on the mp3 thing reasonable and turning up the stereo.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Tim,

Depending on the year of the L322 the aux input is on the amp (in the boot - and not an obvious connector either - you have to splice in - thanks BMW), or on later ones like mine, under the rear air vents (centre console) - it has aux, and 2 sets of phono inputs (audio/video) - so you can run iPod, Xbox360 and PS2 all at once .... (although the poor invertor I've got does moan a bit!)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee