OT: New Bill in parliament

Try it, sounds worrying.

1984 here we come
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

That's hardly news - Smiling Tony has been ignoring/side-stepping Parliament every since he got into office - he's just formalising it!

Even Maggie didn't dare do that ;-)

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

beamendsltd uttered summat worrerz funny about:

As a practitioner it's a b*t*h to keep up with the changes in legistaltion as it stands now without them sliding ammendments under the door when your not looking. I've spent the last 3 years studying law as well as the last 12 years enforcing it and it's all getting a bit OTT at the moment, some for the greater good I may add but much is ill thought out and rushed through, why whats the hurry other than politics?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Wite to your MP and object

mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT

Reply to
Julian Pollard

On or around Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:05:08 +0000 (UTC), beamendsltd enlightened us thusly:

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd prefer Maggie...

This lot make some of what she did look positively law-abiding and mild. Mind, no telling what she would have done in the face of 9/11 and 7/7 and so forth.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Considering the Brighton bombers nearly killed her and did kill her chum Tebbits wife I guess nothing is the likely answer. This current lot of shites are using fear to enact the beauracrats dream legislation, and getting away with it. How wimpish does that make the British voter! and worse the British Mp. There is a bottle of champagne in the fridge for the day sombody puts down Mr. B(illy) liar permantly, the queens flight appropriated by Billy nearly got him perhaps???

Reply to
Warwick Barnes

The last person I recall doing something similar was General (and after he passed the bill President for Life) Idi Amin dada formerly of Uganda I can see the similarities look how he treats folk who disagree with him. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Perhaps even more worrying is how he treats his pals - how can someone who has resigned as a Minster for dodgy dealing get to be a Minister again.....repeatedly.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

and get two lots of severance pay into the bargain!

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

And between stints of being a minister, being sacked and being a minister again, gets to stay in the minister's house paid for by the taxpayer.. Almost as if they knew it wasn't worth him moving out as he'd be straight back in again. They can't even be bothered to hide it as they know no-one will do anything about it apart from complain, which they then ignore.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

"Tim Hobbs" wrote

You *are* joking, aren't you?

Martin.

Reply to
Oily

Do you see anyone laughing? Ah yes - the bloke with the labrador....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

No wonder the economy is going to the dogs.

Sorry about that, couldn't resist. But then they find a te------t or global warming etc so you'll not notice.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Well Tony had better not forget what happened to Charles the First else he has it coming to him.

Reply to
Larry