OT Referee

Any Englishmen interested in this site? Might be worth leaving some feedback :)

> You can send me an EMAIL > Or why not visit my WEBSITE and > leave me some feedback! > Referee data > Date of birth: 22.01.1959 > Place of birth: Zurich (SUI) > Nationality: Swiss > Hometown: Würenlos (SUI) > Profession: Grocer > Languages: English, French, German and Spanish > Height: 180cm > Weight: 72kg
Reply to
Tony Boom

"You don't have permission to access /cgi-local/EMailer/emailer.pl on this server."

Shame his legs are not as broken as his feedback form.

Reply to
Mother

It's only a game

It amazes me there's no appeal process. One person's decision in the heat of the moment being final surprises me.

Has he given an account of why the goal wasn't allowed? It looked OK to me, but then I don't know as much about football as he does.

David French

The goal wasn't allowed because it was scored by England, the country who knocked the refs country out of the tournament a game earlier.

Reply to
Exit

The Editors decision is final. In the end that innefectual limp lettuce of an overpaid excuse for a Captain of a football team lost it.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Mother

Hehehehe excellent.

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

By being unfortnate enough to be the first person to have to kick from that sandpit of a penalty spot and thus warning all the subsequent players. Blaming Beckham for missing that penalty is like blaming an F1 driver for losing the race having started with one wheel in a pothole.

Reply to
Exit

On or around Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:53:07 +0100, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

's always been thus. They could have an off-court ref and video stuff like the cricket does with the third umpire...

I believe the official take is that one of the England players was obstructing the Portuguese goalkeeper.

this is widely discredited/disbelieved. but that's the official line.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Ooooh! Sour grapes there perchance? At least we Scots didn't go, we'd have got knocked out even sooner, probably! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

I guess there's 2 good things about being a colonial person that isn't really into football.

  1. I don't care.
  2. I don't care.

How cool is that?! Of course...I did watch the game (on the net) and was genuinly interested in the outcome. However, it was a game. If we'd won this one, we'd probably just go and trash some pubs owned by people of another european nationality when we lost in the next round.

That part of football makes me sick.

Enjoy the game. Not the violence :(

Reply to
The Neffalump

On or around Fri, 25 Jun 2004 17:04:51 GMT, "Exit" enlightened us thusly:

thought a player of his experience might be expected to note the state of the ground beside the penalty spot, even so, being as he gets to place the ball there.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

You say you're a colonial and then you say 'if we'd won' - make your mind up! :-)

Reply to
Exit

Perhaps he was expecting it to conform to UEFA regulations and did not need checking. Perhaps his professional experience should've also prompted him to give the ref an impromptu eye test and measure the goal posts too. . . .

Then again, expecting sympathy for the England team from a Welshman is perhaps expecting a little too much - have you taken down the Portugal flags yet? ;-)

Reply to
Exit

In message , Badger writes

You did.

Reply to
hugh

E> You say you're a colonial and then you say 'if we'd won' - make your E> mind up! :-)

Your parents have to come for somewhere ;-) Mine are from Stockton-on-Tees. I'm not however ;-)

I do have a UK Passport, and two birth certificates - which is interesting....

Reply to
The Neffalump

But of course - what's the point otherwise?

Scots have a different attitude. Stand shoulder to shoulder with the English in times of war. All other times the trade in shirts of the opposing team is rife (and long may that continue, as it's rather good fun).

Reply to
Mother

Neither do I,

Neither (still) do I - however, I'm not English, and however (2) I do like to follow the odd game of footie as it's a bit of a laugh. What ruins it is the injustice, the total injustice, the sodding tosser refs who should be taken out into Derbyshire and horsewhipped...

Not that I take the odd game that seriously, of course...

[..]

Nor the racism. Thankfully you identify a small and increasingly insignificant faction of the 'game'.

Reply to
Mother

Eh? I thought he said he was a Colonel...

;-)

Reply to
Mother

Whooooooooooooooooo!