OT - Taking Landy to Spain

Hi all sorry this is a little off topic but it does involve my Range Rover.

I am currently doing due diligence on a business in Spain and may move out there to live. I wondered what legislation was involved in taking my RR. Obviously I shall find a friendly Spanish Insurance company to protect my pride and joy.

Does anybody know what is required in terms of Tax and MOT each year out there????

If I become resident do I have to Spanish register the vehicle???

Any help appreciated

Regards

Spencer

Reply to
Spencer

Hi,

I am in a similar position, but am going to Portugal not Spain. Having previously moved from Holland to Germany and from there to UK, and now enquired about Portuguese legislation, it seems they are all very similar (EU countries).

So Spain might well prove to be the same. If you become resident you have to import the vehicle, you have a period of 6 months to do so, this will involve an MOT equivalent and possibly some proof of conformity of the vehicle. There should be now import duty or tax to pay as you come from an EU country, and have owned the vehicle for some time.

Hope this helps, but no guarantee it will be the same in Spain.

Pieter

Reply to
pieter