OT:Took the Touareg back.....

& Jane (the wife!) likes the look of the new Golf Gti. It is a fantastic car with all mod cons. Get this, it has a 6 month waiting list for ANY new model. The garage have a white (yep, it is not as yuck as it sounds either!) demo car with all manner off stuff on it. New would cost 29k (Peoples car my left teste!!)

Do we buy or wait?

I know my view! I just want sensible folks (hmmm)

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

with all mod cons. Get this,

it is not as yuck as it

(Peoples car my left

Don't touch it - it'll be as bad as the Toerag for breaking little things and giving grief. Buy her a non-WRX Impreze and keep the rocketship for yourself.

Reply to
EMB

In article , Nige writes

My Alhambra (1.9TDi) 2002, has so far had Badly fitted tailgate Broken cabin heater Permanently locked rear door Bits of interior trim coming unglued around the dashboard *Broken aircon *Dodgy turbo (cuts out and ECU switches to 'get you home mode' last did this at 70MPH fast lane M4) *Broken flywheel.

  • These are out of warranty (by 5 months). I'm looking at a bill of around 2k to fix them. Seat (VW) have officially blown a raspberry.

The flywheel problem appears to be not uncommon, as is the turbo issue and the heater. The latter wouldn't apply to a car (MPV fitment, like a Webasto), but the engine issues would. Even the dealer was shocked when Seat said they wouldn't pay for the flywheel to be fixed.

I'm 'considering my options'. Meanwhile, my advice: buy Japanese.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

Besides it's a f****ng long way to Wales to push a Caravan!

;0)

Spose you can always take it back if it turns out to be another duffer.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

There's a 5 year old toyota yaris outside and a 20 year old 110. It's the yaris that's sitting dead awaiting drivetrain parts for more than a week and it's the vehicle that restores my belief that there isn't such a thing as a main dealer with a clue coming back from it's last service with more warning lights on than when it went in....

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

For £29k you are into a used/ex-demo Disco 3, I know what I'd go for!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Andrew Cooke

Good point and well made....

Nige?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

She hates them!! I'm no fan of the D3 either!!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

Dont like the look of the D3 but when we borrowed one for the day it was great to drive and now would like one !

Reply to
Richard

By some very strange coincedence we nipped to the Bradford dealer today only to see a brand new Gti in white sat in the showroom! It was the basic model (no need for too many gizmos) So, I bought it there & then!!

They had only had it in for 2 days!!!

Weird or what?

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Fairy nuff, but I wouldn't touch that TDI engine again with a fifteen foot pole, which was the main point.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

I took one of those heaters out of an alhambra, it was smoking badly. When I took it apart it looked like it needed a glowplug and a gauze that surrounds the glowplug. New heater was £400 or so.

Jon

Reply to
jOn