OTish - rusty flywheel/clutch

Yes and yes.

Normally I would say do the job properly, because of all the ballache involved in changing it again later, but as its on a Saab, and will be a piece of piss to replace, then go for it, get what life you can out of the clutch, then when you do have to fit a new clutch the flywheel will be nice and shiny. Basically you may as well just let the old clutch machine the flywheel for you for free, as you drive!

Reply to
SimonJ

That was basically my initial thinking! :) Then slap a new clutch on it later.

Found an old flywheel with a spigot bearing in so may attempt to knock it out and into the rusty one..

Reply to
Tom Woods

They charge exactly the same as all the opposition - they get a lot of business because of the free machining.

Reply to
EMB

still thinking of putting the carbs back on, going to be a lot simpler!! I have got to strip out a complete range rover loom to do the efi, and alter too much I think. Looms are not really my thing, I'm red/green/purple colour blind, so find the wiring for the ambi body a delight to work with, normal looms screw me up completely.

Have great fun teaching electronics at school, we go by class consensus when determining resistor codes, before i check them with a multimeter!!

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

It is much simpler to stick with the carbs!. My ambis wiring was mainly yellow (ambi bits) or a charred brown colour ;)

:)

my 3.9 engine came with the EFI loom complete (missing the ecu, airflow meter and dissy tho).

It doesnt look like it was hard to remove in one piece - it seems to run in one bit of trunking up to the engine then split off gradually to go to all the bits n bobs.

If you decide that you are not gonna EFI it and dont fancy keeping all the bits yourself for later then I'll have a load of the bits off you so that i can EFI mine at a later date if you dont want em! :) i need the ECU, airflow meter and dissy.

also - have you noticed that the oil pump drive differs between the

101 engine and the RR one - so you will need to use the bit of oil pump that matches the dissy you are going to use..
Reply to
Tom Woods

Yes had noticed the difference in pumps. Haven't decided which one to go with yet....