P38 - Slight misfire

I think I have an occasional light misfire.

Sometimes idle is not rock steady and occasionally I think I can detect a slight stutter when cruising.

I will treat her to a new set of Leads (Magnecor Blue) and plugs (going to have an LPG conversion fitted so want ignition side as good as possible before conversion) and hope / assume that will cure any slight misfire, but any other thoughts on the subject most appreciated.

(Cheapest quote for Magnecors £70, any advances?)

Ta

David

1996 P38 4.6SE
Reply to
rads

"rads" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Could be the coil pack?

Reply to
Nige

NO NO NO.

Don't just pick the most expensive bit in the ignition system and sew the seeds of impending financial ruin in my mind.

Please keep all further posts firmly along the lines of "I'm sure plugs and leads are all that is required".

David

ps ;-)

Reply to
rads

=A3300 from LandRover Direct:

chris

When my coil pack packed-up (gedit?!!) the engine was running 'orrible, it was intermittant on 6 cylinders and very noticeable at first, especially at tickover and would occasionally stall when coming to a stop. It then failed completely within a couple of days and ran full time on 6 cylinders. Only a single coil had failed, but as they're only available new as a pack they were all changed. The failed coil had a burn hole visable on it, and produced no HT.

Alan C

Reply to
alan.cutler