P38a EAS rechip saga

I'm getting on with my little project to make my EAS work by replacing the computer (after two and a half years of the dealer phoning Land Rover for help) and it's beginning to work quite well but, before I drag the logic analyser out to the car, I though I'd ask if anybody knows what runs on the leads to the BECM? I pulled an up/down switch apart and I can drive that but there is clearly more as I get some lovely error messages and lots of beeps.

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

Nigel> to work quite well but, before I drag the logic analyser Nigel> out to the car, I though I'd ask if anybody knows what runs Nigel> on the leads to the BECM? I pulled an up/down switch apart Nigel> and I can drive that but there is clearly more as I get Nigel> some lovely error messages and lots of beeps.

There's nothing exotic in the signalling. It's just +12V or earth path switching of various leads. There's a pinout diagram on my website

and the rest of the information should be in the Electrical Troubleshooting manual.

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB

I'm talking about Lamp Control clock and data, ECU pins 7+25. It's a pulse train and the last 4 bits control the lights on the up/down switch. I may just have to take mine back to the LR agent and get it reset again but the new version is now controlling things so I'm loath to thow any more money at them for a fault they can't fix. However the BECM isn't quite happy yet.

Interesting site. I wish I'd found it earlier.

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt