ping beamends dude...

I've just seen on ebay a rear-view mirror from a disco 2 with a built-in compass, from the description is just needs a power supply. do you have a price for these? damn handy thing to retrofit into, just about anything actually...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

And if I may a price for a glazed alli allparts Rangie Classic upper tailgate too please... it's as floppy as a floppy thing.

:-(

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In message , MVP writes

The last one I fitted was 150.00 inc vat and that was doing a bit of a deal.

They are auto dipping too ! when they go wrong a horrible fluid leaks out of them.

To my mind they are an over priced and totally useless addition to any vehicle.

Lets face it a standard mirror is a pretty reliable bit of kit, so is an ordinary compass. Putting the two together and sticking a Landrover badge on it is just asking for trouble.

Buy yourself a proper compass and have some cash left over!

Reply to
Marc Draper

I'll have a look round and gat back in a bit.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Not cheap, common in the US, try searching on "gentex mirror". Auto dipping, which I actually quite like and works very well. I never got on with the mechanical "adjust the angle" thing. You dip it then forget undip it and think there is nothing behind. The auto dipping just works without you noticing.

The compass is OK, it did confirm that I really was driving in circles one stormy night after a tree had blocked the road and I was trying to get over the fells between Teesdale to Weardale... Pity that LR, in their infinite wisdom, don't include the external temeprature feature. The sensor is available as a spare from a place in the US but I don't know if the electronics to support that are in LR mirrors. The display has the required segments and symbols.

Lots of cars have 'em now, you might be able to source from the after market in the UK for =A3100 to =A3200...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

£299.00 inc VAT - non floppy.

Richard