Found the answer to all your problems!!

You could even sail it to Iceland.

:-)

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

Actually I was thinking of one of these:

  • plenty of room for kids, camping gear etc
  • amphibious, could save on ferry ticket prices
  • handy for trips to IKEA
  • commanding presence on the road
  • must be more mechanically simple than Range Rovers

- not sure how it would go down in the company car park - but it would be great fun trying

David French

I had a raz around in a Hagglund at Eastnor last year:

Cramped and not really user friendly

You could hire a whole ferry for the price of the fuel it's use!

Too small...

You'd certainly have a 'large following'...

Yeah - if you like complex hydraulics and changing the tracks every couple of months...

I'd have one - but it can't cook...

Reply to
Mother

On or around Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:43:17 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

I've often wondered whether you can detach the rear bit and run only the front half of it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Only until you got to a bend - it uses the hinge for steering!

Reply to
David French

On or around Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:05:49 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

ah. I thought it worked like a tracked thing, with 2 transmissions.

Reply to
Austin Shackles