Proper repair manual

After special ordering and reciving the Chiltons and Haynes repair manuals, I have found that the books are not worth the paper printed on! If I wanted a book on gm or ford (standard pics) I would have ordered it. Are the books you get in the UK different?? Should I just bit the bullet and get the LR shop manual?? (sell wifes jeep in process) Thanks for all the help in the past, and best of new years to all.......was on vacation when the merry event rolled thro!!

Reply to
ranewman

ranewman uttered summat worrerz funny about:

What model of LR do you have, most manuals are available around the www electronically.

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

Reply to
ranewman

Reply to
ranewman

That's why universally we call it the HBOL, the Haynes Book of Lies! It used to be printed on glossy paper but these days it is recycled egg boxes or the like. This means it is much more absorbant so it can be of some use, punch a hole in one corner and hang in the privy.

Reply to
JacobH

On or around 4 Jan 2007 11:10:22 -0800, "ranewman" enlightened us thusly:

I've got a genuine disco one, on paper. But that's 'cos it came with one of the discos I bought.

It contains some stuff which is not readily found elsewhere, but it also has quite big holes in it. Ideally you want a haynes-type one as well...

Reply to
Lord Austin the Ebullient of Happy Bottomshire

Austin you wouldn't have the index pages at the front intact by any chance would you ? my copy is short a few and I probably have some you may be short of.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Thu, 04 Jan 2007 21:12:58 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

Mine is:

Discovery Workshop Manual Publication number SJR900 ENWM Amendment number SJR EN WM 6 October 1993

5 sections, each with its own index,

's in a big silver-grey ring binder with picture on the front, about 2½" thick.

Reply to
Lord Austin the Ebullient of Happy Bottomshire

On or around Thu, 04 Jan 2007 19:53:34 GMT, "JacobH" enlightened us thusly:

the older ones were certainly more useful, and didn't have so much of the "overhaul of $ITEM is best left to a main dealer".

Reply to
Lord Austin the Ebullient of Happy Bottomshire

Reply to
ranewman

. I contacted the

Blimey. I can see our local dealers doing that. Not. It cost me £95 inc vat for an oil and filter change, a bulb replacement and fitting a drivers mirror which just pushes on. ( Not that I knew how to do it mind.)

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB