Range Rover

My parents are looking to buy a 94`or newer range rover but were told that there was problems with the hydraulic or gas suspension and that a expensive conversion had to be done to fix it. Does anyone have any information on this?

Reply to
Silent Warrior

The air suspension is complicated and can be expensive to repair if it fails. If it fails some people just fit standard springs and dampers which is not particularly expensive.

Reply to
Exit

IIRC Scorpion Racing do a kit for a few hundred quid including fitting. Not much more than buying a "normal" set of shocks and springs.

Julian's right, as always - there is nothing inherently wrong with the EAS (it's not hydraulic, it uses fresh air), but it's quite pricey to sort out if it goes wrong.

Remember in 1995 the model changed from Classic to P38a. The complexity went up by a few orders of magnitude. If your parents are looking for an easy life, buy a late Classic - there are plenty of nice ones out there for £4-6K. I wouldn't recommend anybody to buy an early P38a if they're not a committed Land Rover fan, or have deep pockets - stick to Classics or later model P38s! There are just too many things to go wrong.

David French

Why not spend the money on a late 300 TDi disco ES, all the toys and less to go wrong!!

Peter S

Reply to
Peter Seddon

check this out:

cheers

Lee S.

who has over the years had to replace all the major components of my EAS system.

Reply to
Lee S.