range rover axle wanted

hiya guys,

now there has to be some one out there who has a range rover axle kicking about, in the way, or one thats been in the garage for ages.

well, i may be of help to you, as im after one as cheap as possible, i can get one for £75 complete, but to be honest with you i just dont have £75 spare.

so, can anyone help me out....

regards

Andy

Reply to
dave

Not that I have one but, front or rear? Year?

Thers a place in Bradford that seels stuff like that cheap, but You would have to be local!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Reply to
Nige

No axle I'm afraid, but I've got a Rangie gearbox that's in the way and not far from you....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I have a complete front axle, although I am led to believe it's a defender one, but compatible?

It's in the way, but it's not gonna be F.O.C. :/

I paid 50 quid for it, come collect it, and it's yours.

It has brand new wheel bearings in it too.

Also have a rear casing that sold on ebay, but buyer not collected yet.

I could contact the buyer - see if he wants to part with it (only sold for a quid IIRC)

Also - have a LT95 gearbox, an LT77 short shaft/long stick & transfer box, and a running 2.5NA diesel engine, complete with ancilliaries if anyone's interested.

Colin

Reply to
ninety

hiya tim, e-mail me with your phone number and ill give you a ring regarding this box,

my addy is

andyatbadlrcdotcom

regards

andy

Reply to
dave

Hi Andy,

I'll email you in a minute. Box is free to a good home, just needs collecting from Barnsley. It's a heavy b'stard and I don't have any lifting tackle, so we'll have to coordinate around having some muscle available.... I've got builders in at the moment so something should be possible!

Cheers

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Tue, 03 May 2005 23:21:00 +0100, ninety enlightened us thusly:

defender front is, I think, similar to a later RR front. Earlier ones may swap though, the differences are mainly in the CV joints and halfshafts, as far as I can see.

There are all sorts of differences though, but I expect none of them actually matter. The only thing that may be serious is wheel studs - alloys and steels are different studs, ISTR.

Reply to
Austin Shackles