rear rover diff (series)

hiya,

first of all, i siezed up a brand new diff the other month.

meant to do it, cos id never experienced a diff siezing at 45 mph with vehicles driving closely behind, the front axel instantaneously locking up solid, shaking about 9 pounds of quality topsoil all over the main carriagway, coming to a stop at 45 degree angle to everyone else. narrowly missing a dennis dominator ( double decker bus )

and cos im hard, and got a crap memory and forgot to check the oil

but anyway, to the point......

does anyone know whats likely to have siezed, there wasnt a drop of oil in it, and the half shaft bearing thingys turn ok,

also what are the part number for the rover diff bearings, how many are there and how much.

cheers

andy.

gunna try it with my new engine when i get it, that`ll be a scream,

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Andy

Blimeny, I though everybody had scrapped thier Dominators by now.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I have a Diff sat on the drive if it helps.

Gary

Andy wrote:

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Gary Harrison

hiya Gary,

thanks for the offer, im not stuck, its just that with it being a "brand new" diff, i thought it would be worth rebuilding with new bearings, as thats all i think has siezed. just want the part numbers and an idea on costs.

ive got 4 spare diffs but it just had to be the new one,

i bought it off a guy who fitted it to his 109, i mistakenly thought that since it was fitted it would be full of oil. little did i know hed not got round to putting oil in it.

lesson learnt

dont you fancy trialing your v8? got just the club for you.

regards

andy

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Andy

Hi Andy, Just though i would offer it to you, as it's going to another good home tomorrow.

I've done a couple of offroad days, and just to prove i've not took it easy, the first one we tore one of the rear shockers off the chassis, and the second we had to be dragged out of a river backwards.

I could do with some better tyres, hence the thread with Tim Hobbs, to see if some 235's will fit under the arches.

Which club by the way?

Gary