Range Rover Classis paint - matching shades

My local motor factors, and supplier of paint for my various Land Rovers over the years has now closed down, leaving me being forced to go to Halfords to try and get some aerosol paint for my RRC. They appreciated that there were many shades of Plymouth blue but could not tie my vehicle down to one particular "variant". They didnt have the colour chart there to cover the Land Rover colours to mix one up

"Try Land Rover themselves" was the suggestion so I went up there. Although helpful they just didnt have the information, only the basic plymouth blue code, which is 434, but that was all they could tell me.

Next stop was a bodywork place who matched a shade for me from dupont but their reference numbers dont relate to any others apparently, and they can't supply in an spray

So, is there anywhere I can get a colour matched aerosol of the correct shade from? Any takers?

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

Where are you based?

There is a place in Bedford which can match anything, and has a book the size of my house with paint codes in.

it called New Again, but in a ghetto rude boy scrote way - NuAgane

01234 400049
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Cheers Mark,

Unfortunately i'm based in West Wales, we unfortunate when it comes to getting spray paint! have you heard that all the paints are going water based now?

The local bodyshop reckons that my Range Rover is a few different shades anyway. Apparently some panels would have been painted separately. I think im going to have to spend the afternoon with the phone book.

Thanks for help!

P.S. If i send one of my doors to you in the post do you reckon that you could pop round there and get it matched ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

I think they do mail order paints.

When i went in with mine, i managed to chip some paint off the door, and he got a match from that.

I recon it would be worth giving him a ring. He was well helpful with me.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Fuel filler flap. Whack it over and I'll pop it in the local.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Really? Thats unseasonable generous of you?

Dave

Reply to
Dave R