Re: Parabolic Springs question

Nikki wrote:

>> has a lot of info on parabolics, including detailed instructions on>>> what's involved with fitting them. Their kit is a bit on the>>> expensive side, relative to, for example, getting the bits from>>> somewhere like Paddocks (We're talking about roughly UK£500 vs.>>> about UK£430, or thereabouts)>>> >> Thanks for all the links. Will look at them all later on when kids >> are out the way, by which time I'm sure Bruce will have presented me >> with some further questions regarding the Series III. It has an >> exhaust leak at present and he is investigating it now. > > Well, if you want to know anything about brakes, or about how not to > strip your Land Rover back to the metal to repaint it, feel free to ask.

Feel free to tell meanything you want about the brakes. They are the first job on the list!

> I reckon I'm now the world's leading expert at mis-estimating how long > Nitromors should be left on before trying to scrape it off :-)

There is apparently a trick to Nitromors according to Bruce, not scraping off the the first lot but adding to it and working it in(this can be repeated several times depending on what you are removing) and leaving it on for the correct amount of time, not letting it dry out, and working on small areas even if it means starting two or three different patches and returning to them.

Its a shame that caustic coda reacts so badly with aluminium. He's got a couple of dip and strip tanks!

Andrew > > -- > SIII 88" | Member of Club Land Rover Ireland | > |

Nikki

He's right as well!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Years of experience.

Reply to
Nikki

So have I - all on the same bloody truck!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

I bet that wasn't fun!

Reply to