posh disco paint (ok slightly ot, but still visible..... just!))

Strip it, prep it and paint it in translucent paint.

Making it do 12 miles to the gallon may be a little more difficult.

The paint aint cheap! Check out your local paint supplier.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Lee_D vaguely muttered something like ...

Heheheh .. of course, the detailed version is a smidgeon longer ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I think halfords may sell aerosols to do it. I went there the other day and saw a display with things painted with it and all the colours labelled.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Martin Edwards vaguely muttered something like ...

It might be worth trying a model car shop. We race off-road 1/10th scale buggies and these translucent 'colour change' paints are easily available, though a tad expensive. also, ISTR, that Halfords also sell them for cars.

It will be well worth painting a small patch first before you commit the guitar to a full paint job .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

With this sort of paint, to achieve a good finish, you need a very good base, primer and undercoat. Then it's best to let it cure for at least a week in a warm room - and don't touch it - AT ALL.

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:11:04 GMT, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

Mind, they had a RR done like that at the Royal Squelch show. beautiful paint, shades from bottle green to purple depending on angle. Side-on, the vehicle looked greeny-blue. someone opened one of the doors, which promptly went purple, and looked like it was from the wrong car. Oops.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mother"

Reply to
Paul - xxx

just spotted a disco with a translucent green/blue paint job.

just been given a scruffy guitar that needs repainted.

Anyone know how to marry these two facts? ie howd you do a translucent paint job on an electric guitar

Reply to
Martin Edwards

Tom & Paul, thank you. yes, I know, halfords does seem to be the obvious place to BUY the stuff, But lets be honest, is there anyone in Halfords old enough to even have a provisional licence, let alone be old enough to have the experience of doing any spray painting? (other than walls of course) Hence my query among the wiser ones here!

As for Lee!!

12 mpg is possible, but will I have to put up with the oil stains on the bottom of my guitar case when it's gearbox starts to leak?
Reply to
Martin Edwards

in article snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de, Paul - xxx at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 9/11/04 6:19 pm:

Bruce wants to know if its anything good?

Bruce says you should try and remove some of the original paintwork first. If its an oil base finish, then Nitromors is usually pretty good for most things. The secret with the stuff is to only do a small area at a time. Read the instructions and leave it for as long as it says on the tin - you are better to be a little longer over the time period than try to remove the stuff too soon. You can start two or three patches at a time and if it doesn't all seem to be coming off in one go, you can always apply a second coat. Don't forget the remove all the other bits before you put the Nitromors on. Are they chrome finish? Would be worth getting them re-done if you are going to the trouble of a re-paint.

If its a waterbased/acrylic base finish, then you'd better stock up on some sandpaper.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley