Re: SIII Hard top on lightweight

test "Dan Marfleet" schreef in bericht news:3f2e9081$0$46012$ snipped-for-privacy@mercury.nildram.net...

Hi > > Does anyone know if an SIII hard-top will fit onto an SII lightweight? > > Cheers. > >
Reply to
Marc De Muynck

Cheers all, I'll give it a go.

Reply to
Dan Marfleet

It did on mine, every autumn I fitted one for winter running. Remove the riveted hood "retainer" along the top of the windscreen, remove the sticks and the galv. bits above the doors and drop the hardtop on. You may have to fit the sides 1/4 inch proud of the vehicle sides to get the tailgate top to close nicely, I recommend dropping it on the vehicle and taking the mountings up to just below finger tight to allow some movement then checking tailgate etc. for fit, then clamping down. I used to be able to change mine over from soft to hard tops in about 2 hours, on my own.

Cheers, Sam

(in nostalgia mode....) PS if anyone knows the whereabouts of LAG115Y a SIII lighweight I'll pay beer for information.

Dan Marfleet wrote:

Reply to
Sam Clayton

That's one way to find out, I suppose....

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Harton