re: Sluggish 300 Tdi

I'm glad to report some progress. Many moons ago I complained that the car was sluggish and smokey. I received excellent advice on how to adjust the star wheel on the pump but it made little difference, if anything it was worse. Couldn't understand it. Then a little light bulb above my head came on. What if someone had already twiddled? I took it apart again at the weeked and put the star wheel back by 5 full turns - a huge amount. Went for a drive expecting less smoke and no performance but got no smoke and very reasonable performance! Now checking a full tank for changes in fuel consumption. I may need to do some minor adjustments to the low boost fuel adjust and maybe both the overall screw and the diaphragm position, but the main problem is cured. Thanks all for your suggestions.

TonyB

Reply to
TonyB